Play Store trying to update apps frozen by Titanium Backup

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Play Store / My Apps: There are 7 bloatware / unused apps under "Updates" and 6 under "Manual updates." All of them are frozen by Titanium Backup, and the phone has been rebooted. Is there a trick to convince the Store that these things can be safely ignored until they are thawed out?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
nope does the same for me frozen with MBP. I think it looks at the app and reads the version number from the manifest, checks it against the current and there you have it. Since it is frozen and cannot be manipulated, no update will occur.

Reactions: WebOS Refugee

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that info. D'you know offhand whether the Destroy all Market links option applies only to the current filtered view or to all apps? It'd be easy enough to set a filter for just the frozen apps, but I'd like to defer to the wisdom of folks who've been there and done that (and maybe wished they hadn't ...).

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Answering my own question, sort of: rather than risking potential unforeseen consequences of the Destroy all Market Links feature I explicitly detached each of the apps from the Market, to no avail: they still show up as requiring updates under My Apps. Ah, well ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000