Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooted with MotoFail, will i keep root after .905?

I rooted like a month ago on motofail, and now I can update to .905. If i update will i keep root, or have to reroot? Should i use OTA voodoo (if so, can i get a link)?

ROM
    Stock, rooted JB

Default Re: Rooted with MotoFail, will i keep root after .905?

I lost root with the .905 update, but OTA Rootkeeper restored the files. There were permissions issues, which Titanium Backup fixed without my having to poke around by hand.
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

If you use the 4ever root method, you will keep root to .905 because that's what I had and I kept root. If you lose root after .905, just use Motofail. I've heard OTA Rootkeeper works but have not used it personally.
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted

if you go all the way to ics ( version 230 or 232). use razors edge root method.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I still haven't updated yet. I couldn't see that link because I'm not a registered user. :/

anyway, should i just take the update and if my root is lost reroot with motofail? this seems easy enough.
    or if i use forever root, do i do that first then update or after the update?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

used ota rootkeeper and got it. thx all