Can't unroot, am I screwed?
rooting rookie here.
I rooted my bionic a few months back to take advantage of hotspot. I rooted through pete's root, have superuser.
never flashed my rom, so i'm still on stock. Using system version: 5.9.905
I tried to unroot through pete's root again, but it gave me an adb error on the last step.
I tried to unroot via es file explorer, but when I try to check off root explorer, it says superuser denied permission.
I need to unroot it to send back to verizon for warranty. Received the new phone today. Prior to that I did a factory reset. Could that have messed up my root?
Also, when I use Root Checker and run "Verify Root Access", superuser denies it too, and the results in root checker say :"Sorry! This device does not have proper root access".
What does that mean, and which steps can I take to unroot it to completely stock?
Will Verizon void my warranty if I just send it in like that? If so, then i'd rather save the money and put it towards the next nexus.
Thanks!! And sorry if this has been answered several times, I've searched through the threads but did not come across a problem that described the same issues as mine.
Also, if it helps, I don't think I did a recovery, so that's out of the window.
- 09-25-2012, 12:14 PM #2
- 253 Posts
- Stock, rooted JB
Re: Can't unroot, am I screwed?
My guess would be that the file permissions have gotten hosed in some fashion. I had to do some work on my phone a while back, including a factory reset, after which Titanium Backup (which requires root) complained about those permissions, asked whether it was okay to repair them, did so, and all was well.
In the absence of TB, you might try just rerunning Pete's to see whether it overwrites the current permissions with the required ones.
- 09-29-2012, 09:08 AM #6
- 09-30-2012, 01:17 AM #7
- 09-30-2012, 07:48 PM #8
- 10-06-2012, 07:35 PM #9
- 10-22-2012, 09:01 PM #10
- By PreGk in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 40Last Post: 01-26-2012, 10:27 PM
- By nmoreman in forum Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 12-06-2010, 10:57 AM
- By mike86325#AC in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 10-13-2010, 03:58 PM
- By butta75 in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 07-12-2010, 12:48 AM
- By sergio_sss in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 06-30-2010, 01:33 PM