Bricked Bionic - Trying to Fix - Think I'm Close

__jb

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
My DroidX is getting old and a friend said I could use his Droid Bionic if I could fix it. It is bricked and has been sitting for quite a while... I am having trouble getting it going again. I bought an external battery charging dock so I could charge the battery and I can get it into Fastboot Flash Mode now.

I have RSD Lite v5.7 and the latest Motorola drivers I could find installed and an FXZ file that was supposed to completely reload a bricked Bionic... I can load the FXZ file in RSD Lite... It completes and reboots the phone... RSD indicates success... However... the Bionic reboots after displaying the Motorola logo and then enters Fastboot mode again. Here is the Fastboot output after a load and reboot:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (s) (Boot Failure)
0A.71

Battery OK
OK to program
Transfer mode:
USB Connected

Invalid CG OTV (CG: system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG OTV (CG: webtop): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG Version (CG: webtop)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: webtop)

Is there an FXZ file that will reload everything?

Anyone have an idea what the invalid areas in the last four lines of the error message mean? How to fix them?

Thanks for any help...

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I would search for another fxz file.....I recently reflashed mine with a .902 file and it went great but I had to reinstal the moto drivers once to get it to work.....I would download all new files from different sources and see how that works....

__jb

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I used the 902 FXZ file with the latest Motorola Windows driver files and RSD Lite version 5.7... it worked fine... After loading 902, I used an OTA upgrade to move to 905...

Looks like it's working for the first time in quite a while.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech