Bricked phone after failed Forever Root

ughannoying

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I tried to get Forever Root up and going to update to the new version, ended up editing some system files, and got stuck in a boot loop (aka bricked phone). I have RSD Lite and I've tried several file packages, but I always get the same error: size data returned by phone does not match what was expected, phone connected.

Tried to find a solution myself but all the threads seem to be filled with broken links. Can anyone help me with this?

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
It will work on a bricked phone. Do a search for 246 fxz, or for house of bionic which is an engine that uses that 246 fxz file.

sent from my icy bionic

ughannoying

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Tried uncompressing and flashing the ICS file through RSD Lite and got the same error as before: Failed flashing process. 1/21 flash mbm "allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin" -> Size data returned by phone does not match what was expected; phone connected.

I think this has to do with a file I edited in the /system/bin folder, but now it is impossible for me to go back and revert this file to the original since my Bionic will not boot. Has anyone found a way to circumvent this error?

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Did you put your phone in fastboot mode first? It should overwrite what's there with a brand spanking new ics os.

sent from my icy bionic

ughannoying

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I held down both volume up/down and the power button, then selected Fastboot AP mode. It then tells me to connect the phone with the USB charger, which I did. I had RSD Lite opened and selected the 246 FXZ zip file, uncompressed and flashed, and got the error I posted. I have read through numerous threads supposedly devoted to solving the issue and no matter what version I try to install (stock, ICS) I always get this error.

ughannoying

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm reading the House of Bionic thread now and I feel as though these "instructions" are intentionally cryptic. They're entirely out of order and offer very little guidance as to what I'm actually supposed to do. Although I doubt this method is possible for me, since it says I need to enable USB debugging and put my phone into charge only mode, but it's impossible for me to change any of my settings since I can't actually boot the phone.

I'm getting very frustrated trying to solve this problem. I already tried to reset to factory settings, so now when I turn my phone on it goes straight into AP Fastbook Flash Mode and says Flash Failure. At this point I'm willing to take it in to the Verizon store and have them wipe everything, but since I had the phone rooted I'm afraid they'll just tell me it's my own problem.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
It's not bricked. If it was bricked it wouldn't start up at all. Just a black screen. Hence why it's a brick it's just as good as a brick at that point.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes