Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooting Bionic ICS

Now i'm a little uneducated when it comes to rooting a phone. I've been doing some research though and learning along the way but i do have a quick question as to whether or not it matters to install a rom compatible with the current update. I have 4.0.4 on my phone assuming that is ICS. Why would i need a rom that is specifically for ICS. Any help is appreciated and if it is unclear as to what i am looking for just comment below and ill try to explain a little more. Thanks in advanced!

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Default Re: Rooting Bionic ICS

Yes you have ics. Yes you need to flash a rom compatible with ics. Not sure exactly what you're looking for can you provide some more info?

sent from my icy bionic
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!

allo! just siftin thru some dust here trying to find the "way". my intention is to avoid jb until further notice...
    rooted 6.7.246 next step seems to be flashing rom. where can i examine options/choices?
    woul like to stay as close to what it is for now, but i want to play hard in the near future so mas optiones por favor.

Quote Originally Posted by hilbili View Post
    allo! just siftin thru some dust here trying to find the "way". my intention is to avoid jb until further notice...
    rooted 6.7.246 next step seems to be flashing rom. where can i examine options/choices?
    woul like to stay as close to what it is for now, but i want to play hard in the near future so mas optiones por favor.
    There are many ROMs out there foot the bionic. Check out droidrzr.com

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by hilbili View Post
    rooted 6.7.246 next step seems to be flashing rom.
    If you're just wanting to avoid JB, someone posted in the Bionic JB update thread a few days ago how to do that when I asked the question. He said you do need root, but then can change the properties file to something other than the current ICS build number so the update checker won't recognize it as a build to update. That way you can keep stock ICS if you want. After the Razr fiasco and JB's wifi connection issues, I'm considering doing that (never explored rooting before, so just reading up on it here and there).