Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Default Re: Easy Root for Bionic Stock 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)

Worked the first time! Thanks for the hard work!

Hello Dexterous,

I am stopped at "daemon started successfully" also. Were did you get the virtualbox USB storage driver. And were did you install it.

Thanks bb

it looks like it's successfully going through the process on my phone, but when i use a root checker, it's telling me i don't have proper access.

when you plug in your phone does a prompt come up for virtualbox usb driver? it did for me, so then you just install that.

nevermind, tried a couple more times and now root checker is saying it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by kschom View Post
    it looks like it's successfully going through the process on my phone, but when i use a root checker, it's telling me i don't have proper access.

how bo i get gust host share file sms not found can find in vms gearhead

I enter the information as noted on the screen, but I keep getting an error that reads "The information you entered is incorrect." Both devices are connected wirelessly to my home router. My phone's IP is 192.168.0.2 and the VirtualBox machine host IP address is 192.168.0.3. When I enter that information and mygroup and share into my phone, I get that error. I looked at the screenshot of information you posted earlier, but could not find any error. Suggestions?

Edit: Stupid mistake. The login screen scrolls down. Filled in the user and pass and worked first shot. Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Chad Phillips1; 05-09-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Ok, upfront apology for noobness here. I have had my bionic for nearly 2 years. But I just now rooted via this method. It worked like a charm. (I guess. I have an app that's icon is # and i think that means I had success.) Problem is, having never rooted, I don't know what to do next. I've read all I can read, but I don't know if those posts are irrelevant because they involved rooting the pre-JB version. To give you an example, I installed Rom Manager, but I can't get it to work. Can somebody tell me (1) whether the older posts are still valid, as it were, and (2) where I should go to find out how to really take advantage of this? I'm super excited, but at the same time a bit frustrated by my lack of skill here.

I apologize if there are threads I could have searched for. I did, in fact, do that. On every conceivable forum. Because the Rom Manager didn't work for me, I got to thinking maybe I can't rely on the older posts. All I want, really, is to set up things so I can try different ROMs with the safety of knowing I can get back to my regular stuff if it doesn't work. Well, that's the tip of the iceberg, really. I also want to delete bloat. No clue.

I get that this is a pathetic post, but I will wager that there are a lot of others who are latecomers to this awesome thing and who also wouldn't mind a set of links.

Thanks in advance
    Thanked by:

I have no experience with rooting- but I followed your directions and read each screen when the scrolling stopped... and in no more than 10 minutes , it was done---and done well!. I downloaded superuser and it' s all finished. Thank you for making it so clear and easy.

I am having trouble at the usb connection step of the vm. I am in the debugging mode, I am in the mtp mode, I am able to see the internal and external sd drives in windows explorer.

The vm hangs after this step at: * daemon started successfully * When I try to select my phone under devices->usb devices-.> Motorola XT875 [0216] it brings up a window that reads as follows:
    Failed to attach the USB device Motorola XT875 [0216] to the virtual machine Linux Minimal_1.

USB device 'Motorola XT875' with UUID {c24ab4f3-83d6-4088-9616-edac1f0b6432} is busy with a previous request. Please try again later.

Result Code: E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)
    Component: HostUSBDevice
    Interface: IHostUSBDevice {173b4b44-d268-4334-a00d-b6521c9a740a}
    Callee: IConsole {db7ab4ca-2a3f-4183-9243-c1208da92392}

I have rebooted computer and phone, tried defferent sequences for connect phone to usb cable, etc... please help

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rwgdjcfp View Post
    I am having trouble at the usb connection step of the vm. I am in the debugging mode, I am in the mtp mode, I am able to see the internal and external sd drives in windows explorer.

The vm hangs after this step at: * daemon started successfully * When I try to select my phone under devices->usb devices-.> Motorola XT875 [0216] it brings up a window that reads as follows:
    Failed to attach the USB device Motorola XT875 [0216] to the virtual machine Linux Minimal_1.

USB device 'Motorola XT875' with UUID {c24ab4f3-83d6-4088-9616-edac1f0b6432} is busy with a previous request. Please try again later.

I have rebooted computer and phone, tried defferent sequences for connect phone to usb cable, etc... please help
    Having the exact same problem, need help!

Do you have the latest moto drivers installed? you may have to uninstall moto drivers and reinstall moto drivers or update them and you do have phone set in debug mode and MTP..

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    Do you have the latest moto drivers installed? you may have to uninstall moto drivers and reinstall moto drivers or update them and you do have phone set in debug mode and MTP..
    Okay,

1) Yes, I did have the latest drivers installed
    2) Yes, phone was in the debug mode
    3) Yes, usb connection was set to MTP
    So, as per your suggestion, I completely uninstalled the Motorola Device Manager (which is where the drivers come from). Deleted all folders associated with the Motorola Device Manager, and used regedit to delete all hints of the Motorola Device Manager. Then went back to the Motorola site, downloaded a fresh up to date copy of the Motorola Device Manager and installed it!--------------> same EXACT results.

So with that in mind, I put everything away for the night last night.

I got up this morning and went to my trusty Dell XPS630i desktop that I installed Windows XP because it came with Vista, and installed VirtualBox-4.2.12-84980-Win.exe and newest Motorola Device Manager and went through the process.-----------> SUCCESS!!!!!!! Just another reason to keep my XP machines running XP!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love Windows 7 but sometimes you just have to go to trusty old ROCK SOLID XP!!!!!

Thank you very much for the exploit and the help!!!

Chuck Pierce
    I&C Technician

Thanks marty45714.

The use of VirtualBox was brilliant! So many of the solutions are Windows centric and I use a Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by joel.frederick View Post
    Thanks marty45714.

The use of VirtualBox was brilliant! So many of the solutions are Windows centric and I use a Mac.
    did you get this to work on a mac? i kept getting invalid IP address and I thought maybe it was cause i was using mac, i still cant get it to work. any ideas would be helpful

Quote Originally Posted by fwtx View Post
    did you get this to work on a mac? i kept getting invalid IP address and I thought maybe it was cause i was using mac, i still cant get it to work. any ideas would be helpful
    I had the same problem on windows 7 invalid ip...is what i did was uninstalled virtual box and the ova turn wifi on on the phone and once it was connected to router, reinstalled virtualbox and ova and it started and rooted without a hitch..im on a mifi (EVDO) for broadband which has a router in it. Ive heard that JB has issues with older routers.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

This worked great for me!!!! Be sure to be prepared to hit the power, up or down volume button. I didn't do this the first time and had to re do it. The second time it worked like a charm!!!!
    Envy touch > Storm 1 > Droid Incredible :rolleyes: INCREDIBLY HAPPY

I keep getting a error message when trying to update superuser for Droid Bionic "There was an error installing superuser. Please send a log the error to the develop." is the message i get. Any Help?

Try installing superSU thats what i did and deleted superuser.

im getting this error when i open the virtual machine

"Could not start the machine Linux Minimal because the following physical network interfaces were not found:
    NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet (adapter 1)
    You can either change the machine's network settings or stop the machine."

anyone else have this or know the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by marty45714 View Post
    Here are some tips for anyone who is having trouble getting a valid IP address. The first thing you should check is the network configuration within VirtualBox. If your computer has more than one network adapter, VirtualBox may be trying to use the wrong one, which would result in the Linux VM being unable to acquire an IP address. Please look at the attached picture. The only thing you should ever change is the drop down box field called "Name:". If you change any other settings, either change them back, or re-import the .ova file again.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwtx View Post
    im getting this error when i open the virtual machine

"Could not start the machine Linux Minimal because the following physical network interfaces were not found:
    NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet (adapter 1)
    You can either change the machine's network settings or stop the machine."

anyone else have this or know the problem?
    Change your network setting in virualbox as shown here.click on the blue arrow and it will show you in Marty's post.

You are a god among us mortals!!!!!

This worked the first time, not one single issue, and took all of like 7 minutes to complete!

Brilliance, shear brilliance!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rwgdjcfp View Post

I am having the same situation on Vista Home. I know my phone is setup correctly because I can connect to the device in Eclipse and follow the android logs. MTC, check. Debugging, check.
    "daemon not running. Starting it now on port 5037"
    "daemon started successfully"
    (hang, hang, hang)

EDIT: I realized what I was doing wrong. (PEBCAK) My phone was plugged in to the computer prior to this step. I guess it is important to not plug your phone in UNTIL you reach this point. Once I went thru the process with my phone disconnected, and connected it here, it immediately continued with the process. Except I never had to hit Vol up down or power. I reached that point, looked down and my phone was already restarting.
    Last edited by backitude; 05-19-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Got it to work on the first try! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    Change your network setting in virualbox as shown here.click on the blue arrow and it will show you in Marty's post.
    tried that but the setting is already set to wifi, and i get invalid IP, not sure whats going on
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast