New Update on Rooted Bionic

factorygirl28

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I have looked through these threads for days and I cannot figure this out. My phone is rooted and I haven't been able to update for the past 2 or 3 times I've gotten that pop up from Verizon. It just says the update failed with no explanation or anything. I just want to update it to see if it will work better since it currently sucks and never has a data connection.
This is what my phone says in the about section:

System version: 5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US
Android version: 2.3.4

I would appreciate any help! I'm on a Mac if that makes a difference.

Thanks!!

hilby7

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I am far from an expert, but you may have to unroot it in order to get Ice Cream Sandwich (4.2). It will be much worth the time, as ICS is much better. Look a bit more in the forums. I believe it is covered elsewhere.

Posted via Android Central App

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Unrooting isn't a requirement (in fact you'd be well advised to update your copy of su and preserve it with OTA RootKeeper to avoid some of the rooting hassles associated with more recent releases of the operating system), but we've had one or the other of our household Bionics, rooted or not, be finicky about OTA updates from time to time.

Sounds like you're on GB at present, which is kinda surprising because ICS was around for months prior to the recent JB update. You might want to just head over to SamuriHL's House of Bionic and bring yourself up to current the easy way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781