New Update on Rooted Bionic
I have looked through these threads for days and I cannot figure this out. My phone is rooted and I haven't been able to update for the past 2 or 3 times I've gotten that pop up from Verizon. It just says the update failed with no explanation or anything. I just want to update it to see if it will work better since it currently sucks and never has a data connection.
This is what my phone says in the about section:
System version: 5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US
Android version: 2.3.4
I would appreciate any help! I'm on a Mac if that makes a difference.
- 06-06-2013, 05:39 PM #2
- 2 Posts
Re: New Update on Rooted Bionic
I am far from an expert, but you may have to unroot it in order to get Ice Cream Sandwich (4.2). It will be much worth the time, as ICS is much better. Look a bit more in the forums. I believe it is covered elsewhere.
Posted via Android Central App
- 06-08-2013, 07:31 PM #4
- 244 Posts
- Stock, rooted JB
- 06-21-2013, 03:44 AM #6
- By rfull83 in forum Droid BionicReplies: 43Last Post: 01-09-2012, 06:34 PM
- By gir007 in forum Incredible 2 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 10-10-2011, 09:23 PM
- By cyberchief in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 03-22-2011, 10:33 AM
- By eldub1 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 12-22-2010, 11:52 AM
- By krisrock in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 12-21-2010, 12:56 AM