Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Safestrap won't install

I am trying to install Safestrap on my Droid Bionic running Android 4.1.2. I successfully rooted the phone and used SuperUser to grant Safestrap permission to run as root. I start Safestrap and it shows "Recovery state: Not installed". I click the Install Recovery button. A progress bar comes up with the title "Running Installation Script...". It quickly progresses to 60% and then stops. I've left it there for hours and it doesn't go past 60%. I've tried forcing it to stop, clearing its data, and then starting over, but I get the same results. Any ideas about how I can get it to complete?

650 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    Something ICSy on 902

Default Re: Safestrap won't install

Reboot? Uninstall and reinstall?

sent from my beantastic Bionic
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!

Just so anyone else searching out this issue is aware, the reason this happens is simply because busybox isn't installed. I ran into this issue on my verizon note 3 after rooting with towelroot and finally got it working after installing busybox.

Hey, did you ever get this resolved? I have a Motorola Droid 4 that is encountering the same issue, and I rooted and installed BusyBox fine, but I get stuck at the same step. I was just able to get Boot Menu Manager to install, but the ROM runs amazingly slow. I could really use getting Safestrap back if possible.