Possible to upgrade Droid Bionic (version 4.1.2) to version >= 4.3?

k-k-d

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
So, I have a motorola droid bionic running android version 4.1.2, which is not compatible with BLE. I understand android versions 4.3 and higher are compatible with BLE. I am wondering if there is a way to upgrade my phone android version.
In the settings/about phone tab I can check for updates/update the system version, but that is not what I am looking for.
:confused:
I have googled quite a bit without finding this specifically addressed - mostly finding people talking about whether to or not to upgrade (but mostly/entirely on devices that would automatically upgrade - so deciding whether or not to accept the upgrade).
If this *is* possible, basic instructions greatly appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's possible if Verizon released an update for 4.3. If they did, using the updates check in settings would give it to you. Since it evidently doesn't, Verizon never released one.

You could check on XDA Forums to see whether CyanogenMod ever released a 4.3 equivalent for the Bionic, or whether anyone ported a 4.3 ROM to it, but it's unlikely that there's any 4.3 ROM for a phone designed for Gingerbread.