Review of TCL950 (DTEK60's base) from China

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the link in Chinese only: TCL 950内涵商务旗舰手机评测:平衡兼顾,难得不土豪

Some highlights:

• Probably mentioned in a lot of places, this has a 1920x1080 screen, not the same as the DTEK60. It'll come with a 2560x1440 screen instead.
  • And of course, BlackBerry's software will replace TCL's, so you can ignore the middle part.
  • Phone can be used upside down, there are earpieces and microphone top and bottom. Probably applies to the DTEK50 as well since they are pretty much the same design.
  • Performance was described as "balanced". There are some benchmarks in pictures.
  • Some warmth has been felt (around 43.3 C) near the camera after running 15 minutes of NBA 2K17. So I'm expecting people and "expert reviewers" running around yelling "ZOMG IT OVERHEATS" like the Priv.
  • Storage is eMMC, NOT UFS 2.0 like most flagships of 2016, so it's a bit slower. Reviewer says it's acceptable in subjective overall performance.
  • Camera samples near the bottom in the article. But should note that this is with TCL's software, BlackBerry's version may have a different tuning. So far night performance actually looks decent.
  • Chinese version comes with both JBL headphones (reviewer didn't like them too much though) and a Quick Charge 2.0 charger. Don't think DTEK60 will come with the headphones, but based on B&H's listing earlier, early orders will come with BlackBerry's QC 2.0 charger as a gift.7

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
To be honest, most earphones that come with phones are not great. They certainly get the job done but I would invest in $100+ headphones to head a better experience.

I don't mind if it has the "old" memory. I'm sure it will perform fast enough for most of the customers :)

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

G-bone

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Definitely want the BlackBerry version!
As for the memory performance, enough is listed as different that wait and see is the way to go...
BB 4 EVER.

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
To be honest, most earphones that come with phones are not great. They certainly get the job done but I would invest in $100+ headphones to head a better experience.

I don't mind if it has the "old" memory. I'm sure it will perform fast enough for most of the customers :)

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

Ya I got a nice 150 dollar bose headphones. never use the cheap in box ones. Sound difference is astonishing