Soooooo ... this is the Vienna?

gruv4u

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Looks like it was designed before the Passport but was only released now. Probably originally meant to be a BB10 device. Only my assumption.

Posted via the Android Central App

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Looks like it was designed before the Passport but was only released now. Probably originally meant to be a BB10 device. Only my assumption.

If it was it wouldn't have three buttons on the toolbelt. Classic BlackBerry 10 toolbelt has 4 plus trackpad.

crucial bbq

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I have never seen a forum created this quickly for a simple render, I think blackberry has off the record confirmed this device.
It went just as fast on CrackBerry, too. The story goes that the source of the render is from a legitimate source who confirms this is a legit handset. Honestly, I really do not know why there is a subforum for the Vienna here on AC and CrackBerry as well. BlackBerry has confirmed that their is a second Powered by Android BlackBerry on the drawing board and that if they go forward with it they will announce "sometime around MWC". So who knows?

This forum over at CrackBerry is also way more active, which is strange, too, but at least it gives us something to discuss and look forward too.

As for the physical buttons; some suggest this handset will be the upgrade path to the Classic. If that is the case than the three hard buttons are likely to mimic the tool belt with the call/answer button on the left and the end button on the right. The middle button I assume would be for home but it could also be for quick menus.

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It went just as fast on CrackBerry, too. The story goes that the source of the render is from a legitimate source who confirms this is a legit handset. Honestly, I really do not know why there is a subforum for the Vienna here on AC and CrackBerry as well. BlackBerry has confirmed that their is a second Powered by Android BlackBerry on the drawing board and that if they go forward with it they will announce "sometime around MWC". So who knows?

This forum over at CrackBerry is also way more active, which is strange, too, but at least it gives us something to discuss and look forward too.

As for the physical buttons; some suggest this handset will be the upgrade path to the Classic. If that is the case than the three hard buttons are likely to mimic the tool belt with the call/answer button on the left and the end button on the right. The middle button I assume would be for home but it could also be for quick menus.

By "active" you mean people whining about how they won't buy the new phones unless it ran BB10 and how they will shut down hardware since nobody wants Android?

PlisskenPower

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I don't see anything wrong with hardware Android navigation buttons. Why is that bad? It's just a 'toolbelt' for Android. It also would not get in the way of using the BlackBerry launcher at all, why would it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699