04-27-2017 11:17 AM
75 123
tools
    Cool - I'm sure others share your concern... but for me, still quite excited for the new hardware.

So great that you were able to attend the Toronto meetup. Hope you had a good time!!
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    03-21-2017 09:31 AM
    Cool - I'm sure others share your concern... but for me, still quite excited for the new hardware.

So great that you were able to attend the Toronto meetup. Hope you had a good time!!
    Oh I'm certainly not alone. There's a poor guy in the beta forums who still hasn't got his March updates, and basically resorted to sending begging emails daily, and lots equally frustrated elsewhere.
    03-21-2017 09:53 AM
    leaving my iPhone 6s+ for the KEYone and can't wait!
    I owned almost every BB from 2004 to 2015 and can't wait to have a PKB again
    03-21-2017 02:28 PM
    Maybe.. Must try first
    03-21-2017 10:05 PM
    Maybe.. Must try first
    That's what will be important... having units in carrier stores so that people can see it and give it a try.

But for me.... I'd rather have larger screen than the PKB.
    03-22-2017 11:43 AM
    Yeah it will be interesting to see what the response will be to a pkb device in today's day and age.
    03-22-2017 11:49 AM
    Yeah it will be interesting to see what the response will be to a pkb device in today's day and age.
    This is true. I haven't had a BB since the curve days so I am curious.
    03-22-2017 12:51 PM
    You can count me as someone who has been 99% satisfied with the Blackberry 10 OS for the past four years. I have tried several Android phones, with the latest being a Lollipop one, and I've been forced to use iPhones a few times, which I utterly deplore.

I will be buying a KEYone shortly after launch (I'll wait for one or two monthly updates to work out the kinks.) I'm excited about both the hardware and Android N, but the real test will come after I have the phone. What's always happened in the past is that, after trying an Android phone for a couple of weeks, and getting it all configured and working, I run into a very busy period, with lots of air travel and mobile work, and I jump back to my Blackberry Passport because it just lets me work faster and more accurately. Part of that is the keyboard, and part is my preference for all the functions that are fully integrated into the BB10 OS. Most of my work is pure communications and Internet work, so I don't use many third party apps.

I suspect that it will come down to whether or not Office 365, including Skype for Business, works well on Android. I've tried the apps on my iPad, and was far from impressed. I don't have these apps on my BB10 phone, so the thought is that, if I can use them, that will be a win for Android. I'm not much of a Google apps person, so better access to those tools is of only limited value.

The KEYone looks like the absolute perfect phone for me from a hardware perspective. I love the form factor and the keyboard, especially the ability to create so many shortcuts!. I hope and expect that Android N is far superior to Lollipop and that I can make the adjustment this time.
    03-24-2017 05:28 PM
    You can say I'm butthurt about the Priv losing support, whatever, but I'm losing trust in BlackBerry "as a software company" by day, judging by how they are dealing with the beta/early release users. It's not BlackBerry Mobile I'm worried about, in fact I feel bad for them for partnering up with such an uncommitted company..
    The Priv already received the update from L to M, didn't it, and Blackberry will almost certainly update it a couple of months after the KEYone is released. But they really need to make sure their new phone is launched and running perfectly before they update older phones.

There aren't a lot of other Android manufacturers who are committed to updating phones more than a single Android version, and they take a long time too. I think you're holding Blackberry to a very high standard. Also, you must realize that Blackberry's commitment to being a software company has more to do with Enterprise Moblie solutions than handsets. They don't stand to make a lot of money from Android, no matter how well any of TCL's phones sell.

All that said, I do expect them to update the Priv sooner than later. They have always preferred to support a single OS version whenever the hardware allowed for it.
    03-24-2017 05:34 PM
    Will pull the trigger as soon as its available! love the keyboard and the screen size.
    04-02-2017 04:56 PM
    Hi Matty, it's unlikely UK networks will stock Keyone and I buy my phones outright, finding a working demo in UK is now almost impossible, I bought the priv in the box untried and it is better than I expected and has none of the issues as posted, keyboard is ok but I use priv mainly as large touch screen phone, and the Blackberry version of Android is very good compared to some, as I have been spoiled by the 9900/Q10 and passport for their keyboards the keyone keyboard needs to be reliable, I expect I will buy keyone unseen anyway and see if this is worthy of the Blackberry name,
    04-04-2017 12:06 PM
    probably so the reason is because of the keyboard it is high tech it is more smarter than other keyboard phones
    04-07-2017 01:52 PM
    I will be preording this for my wife. Hoping to make this her 1st smartphone. She must have a physical keyboard.
    04-07-2017 06:49 PM
    I love what BlackBerry does with Android... Loved my Priv until the Atlantic Ocean destroyed it on a holiday in Lisbon...

But I don't think I will get the KeyOne. I'm not feeling the middling processor and I would prefer a Priv 2 so you have the option of using a full-touch device sometimes.

Priv 2 would need a better PKB and a much better build quality than the first one as well!

Hope it happens.
    04-09-2017 04:04 AM
    Forums are dead other than the obvious ones. So lame.
    04-11-2017 01:32 PM
    I love what BlackBerry does with Android... Loved my Priv until the Atlantic Ocean destroyed it on a holiday in Lisbon...

But I don't think I will get the KeyOne. I'm not feeling the middling processor and I would prefer a Priv 2 so you have the option of using a full-touch device sometimes.

Priv 2 would need a better PKB and a much better build quality than the first one as well!

Hope it happens.
    I would definitely be interested in a Priv 2! Hopefully by then I'll have more money to drop on a phone!
    04-11-2017 01:54 PM
    I already did. I was at Kevin's Toronto Meet. Phone itself was good hardware, it's the longevity of the software, so I maintain my opinion.

You can say I'm butthurt about the Priv losing support, whatever, but I'm losing trust in BlackBerry "as a software company" by day, judging by how they are dealing with the beta/early release users. It's not BlackBerry Mobile I'm worried about, in fact I feel bad for them for partnering up with such an uncommitted company.
    What do you mean by the Priv losing support?
    04-17-2017 10:38 AM
    What do you mean by the Priv losing support?
    The monthly updates are now perpetually late, and despite it was vaguely promised to Beta users, and users asking, they refuse to answer if there is Nougat for the Priv. Beta program was also shut down recently.
    04-17-2017 11:20 AM
    I would be interested but have concerns regarding the screen size and how videos would look on it. Also with the chosen processor, how would it handle games...not a hard core gamer, just something to get me through travels or during down time.
    04-17-2017 07:29 PM
    I would be interested but have concerns regarding the screen size and how videos would look on it. Also with the chosen processor, how would it handle games...not a hard core gamer, just something to get me through travels or during down time.
    Screen aspect is identical to the Pixel C and Microsoft Surface, so letterboxing would be similar.

Performance wise it's the same configuration as the Moto Z Play, but with a slightly lower resolved screen. You can check reviews of those.
    04-18-2017 05:33 AM
    Screen aspect is identical to the Pixel C and Microsoft Surface, so letterboxing would be similar.

Performance wise it's the same configuration as the Moto Z Play, but with a slightly lower resolved screen. You can check reviews of those.
    Thanks for the info
    04-18-2017 07:24 AM
    Physical keyboard, USB-C 3.1, MicroSD slot, RGB notification LED, and FM radio with an unskinned near-stock version of Android N. This is the utilitarian smartphone I've been wanting since forever. I'm going to be buying one as soon as it's available to purchase.
    04-24-2017 07:50 PM
    I will get one when I can find one for 300-400. Not a dollar more. I'm on a Moto G5 Plus right now, more RAM, more storage, and about $300 cheaper. I'm not willing to pay a $300 premium for the keyboard.
    04-25-2017 05:56 PM

It'll have great battery life.
    04-25-2017 09:22 PM
    I will get one when I can find one for 300-400. Not a dollar more. I'm on a Moto G5 Plus right now, more RAM, more storage, and about $300 cheaper. I'm not willing to pay a $300 premium for the keyboard.
    yeah, with the keyboard arguably being the biggest factor that differentiates it for m others, BB might charge more than some are willing to pay for a keyboard.
    04-27-2017 11:17 AM
75 123