I posted this over on Crackberry, but I like this forum better. Saw it posted somewhere else, and now I cannot find it again, some guy posted an article that TCL (A chinese company in China...) is allowing Chinese Intelligence agencies to place monitoring software in the new BB phones that are sold in the US and elsewhere so they can monitor/download information. Now, I think this is out there conspiracy theory 101, but if it is being said, on the internet, then people will believe it *sigh*. I don't see how it is possible.
    02-03-2017 09:26 PM
    Hm... I don't see why BB would allow a Chinese company to do that to the US. I could see it for their market but not ours.
    02-03-2017 10:02 PM
    I completely agree, but I get a chuckle out of Internet conspiracy theories.
    02-04-2017 10:00 AM
    Conspiracy theory. Could say the same thing about iPhones made in China too.
    02-04-2017 10:59 AM
    Haha this is why I sometimes love the internet. I don't think it's even remotely true, but always makes for a good laugh!
    02-10-2017 04:42 PM
    I posted this over on Crackberry, but I like this forum better. Saw it posted somewhere else, and now I cannot find it again, some guy posted an article that TCL (A chinese company in China...) is allowing Chinese Intelligence agencies to place monitoring software in the new BB phones that are sold in the US and elsewhere so they can monitor/download information. Now, I think this is out there conspiracy theory 101, but if it is being said, on the internet, then people will believe it *sigh*. I don't see how it is possible.
    As you said, i think this is 'conspiracy theory 101' haha

During the Crackberry Podcast, Steve did say that all the software would be done by Blackberry and even digitally signed off as finished by Blackberry. There would be no input from TCL in anyway other than the Marketing, building ect. So based on his word, rest assured our lovely Blackberrys are safe and secure. No monitoring software
    02-12-2017 12:46 AM
    In light of all the new revelations regarding the wiretapping of Trump, and the Wikileaks iPhone issues, I wonder if anything can really be secure?
    04-04-2017 06:46 AM
    In light of all the new revelations regarding the wiretapping of Trump, and the Wikileaks iPhone issues, I wonder if anything can really be secure?
    I don't think anything is truly secure these days. If you give someone long enough they will crack everything BUT I think if you want the best security for your phone a Blackberry Android device is your best bet. 😃

I don't have a link right now but Google said the Blackberry Priv is one of the most secure Android devices you can buy today.
    04-05-2017 02:40 PM