Losing Patience. When is Keyone Coming Out?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Want to order this for my wife ASAP. Come on blackberry, release the dang thing already.

I'm also very excited and want it as soon as possible 😃 The launch date depends on where you live. Carphone Warehouse in London allows you to purchase right now and deliver should be between the 27th of April and the 5th May. :)

For North America, we should be hearing some news today (27th April)

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm also very excited and want it as soon as possible 😃 The launch date depends on where you live. Carphone Warehouse in London allows you to purchase right now and deliver should be between the 27th of April and the 5th May. :)

For North America, we should be hearing some news today (27th April)

Carphone Warehouse always shows support for the Berry!

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey, at least US is confirmed to get an unlocked direct variant.

I think what's also very nice is that we will be getting CDMA & GSM variants so everyone has equal opportunity to enjoy the KEYone! :D I know the wait is definitely hard but it's worth it!

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I think what's also very nice is that we will be getting CDMA & GSM variants so everyone has equal opportunity to enjoy the KEYone! :D I know the wait is definitely hard but it's worth it!
Wait? A lot of people gave up on it on waiting and took their money elsewhere.. I'm just watching how much further can BlackBerry ruin the chance of the QWERTY's future.

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Is the US version a combined GSM/CDMA or are they separate models?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Is the US version a combined GSM/CDMA or are they separate models?

There are separate models being released for specific regions but if you purchase the unlocked model it will work on both CDMA and GSM networks according to the quote below. 😃

The Verge - April 27th - 2017

The unlocked model will work with both GSM and CDMA networks

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wait? A lot of people gave up on it on waiting and took their money elsewhere.. I'm just watching how much further can BlackBerry ruin the chance of the QWERTY's future.
Not a BlackBerry issue. It is a BlackBerry Mobile issue. Two different companies. Remember BlackBerry is making the software, TCL is the one making the phone and distributing it under the BlackBerry Mobile name.

"A lot of people" by definition means what? Does it refer to you and three of your friends? Does it refer to ten thousand? Can you define or are you just throwing subjective opinion on the wall and hoping it will stick?

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Not a BlackBerry issue. It is a BlackBerry Mobile issue. Two different companies. Remember BlackBerry is making the software, TCL is the one making the phone and distributing it under the BlackBerry Mobile name.

"A lot of people" by definition means what? Does it refer to you and three of your friends? Does it refer to ten thousand? Can you define or are you just throwing subjective opinion on the wall and hoping it will stick?
Yes, and I'm saying BlackBerry is holding BlackBerry Mobile up. TCL most likely planned this scale launch a month ago, thus Cistulli made that "exciting next month" tweet back in March, BlackBerry slipped up, Chen spills the beans in the shareholder meeting, and Cistulli made the damage control tweets.

And you don't need proof, everything is deja-vu. They can license out and be a brand new entity, but seems nothing ever changes.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Disappointing that we have to wait another month! Any news about its Canadian release? Since BB was initially a Canadian company in Waterloo, I'm hoping it reaches us here. :)

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, and I'm saying BlackBerry is holding BlackBerry Mobile up. TCL most likely planned this scale launch a month ago, thus Cistulli made that "exciting next month" tweet back in March, BlackBerry slipped up, Chen spills the beans in the shareholder meeting, and Cistulli made the damage control tweets.

And you don't need proof, everything is deja-vu. They can license out and be a brand new entity, but seems nothing ever changes.
You have no evidence that BlackBerry is holding up the process TCL has the software and has had it for a while. They are releasing the phones in the UK and other places. They are the ones that set the release date, BlackBerry has just provided the software.

According to Cistulli, they moved the release date to later due to wanting to make sure they had enough phones to meet their anticipated demands. Since we have no evidence to the contrary, we have to take the statement at face value.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I am sure price will drop to $400 couple months or so after. Debating if I should order right away or hold tight for a bit

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
One of the advantages of being an early adopter is you get to spend more for the device than you really wanted to if you would have waited just a few months. 😛