No gallery app for keyone

A

AC Question

I got the new bb keyone and i only have the google photos, no gallery app can be found i need help.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I got the new bb keyone and i only have the google photos, no gallery app can be found i need help.

Firstly congratulations on your new Blackberry KEYᵒⁿᵉ! :D

Unfortunately Blackberry doesn't have a native photos App and just uses the Google Photos app. I personally really like the stock Google Photos app.

There are however alternatives if you don't like it. The one I would say have a look at is 'QuickPic'. It's simple, but gets the job done nicely. Maybe give that a try? 😃 I'm sure other members will post their favourites.

Let us know if you enjoy the app suggestion.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
ah that's like bad nostalgia. back to the days blackberrys didn't have many apps lol

I guess the difference is that today's BB OS allows for options in the apps department whereas BB10 relied more on home brew apps..the KeyOne is generating some really good press so you should be happy with it should you cave to temptation.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
ah that's like bad nostalgia. back to the days blackberrys didn't have many apps lol
No disagree with that. Google Photos is the stock gallery app for Android. You don't like it, there are million others. Not sure why BB need to waste time creating yet another gallery app.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
No disagree with that. Google Photos is the stock gallery app for Android. You don't like it, there are million others. Not sure why BB need to waste time creating yet another gallery app.

That's how I kinda feel, there are just so many full featured photo gallery Apps out there that it would be a waste of resources to make a brand new photos App the when the stock Google Photos app does a pretty good job already. 😃

By the way, the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is officially available to purchase in the US! Yey! Hopefully we can see great headlines over the next couple of days.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Google photos is a great photo app you can access your photos on almost any device by just logging into your account.

BBlova4lyf

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
It's FANTASTIC! I got just about a week ago. I'm in love! I'm a diehard BB fan. Totally worth it. Google photos is one less step for me. I used to have to double check my photos were backed up before saving and now they're automatically in there.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
dang i really wanted this phone because of the keyboard but i gave up using my lg v20 because it also didnt have a native stock photo app. :l i dont like google photos because it wont let me create folders unless i use the cloud. and i rather not have ALL my pictures on the cloud.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
In Google Photos if go to the menu you also have the option to see device folders where apps that store photos locally will be found too.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I just recently discovered Camera Roll, very nice gallery app

It's very nice, has a nice scrolling effect when scrolling through albums. Then I opened the Camera Album which contains all the recent pics I took, then clicked on the three dots on the top right and chose Pin Album. Now the Camera Album is pinned on the top whenever I open the app so it's easy to access it.

OR try Piktures, search for it in the app store. Very nice gallery app as well