Blackberry reception?

adrenaline_x

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Just to add my two cents. I think the signal meter bars on the phone are way off. The tower at my office is literally 50 meters from my office 100 meters or so off the ground. This phone shows half strength vs my pasport.

At home is show about the same or no signal. Yet on my passport and iPhone I had to stay in oneroom or go outside on the driveway to be heard and not drop the Call. With the priv I can walk around the house without a single dropped call or the other person not being able to hear me.

Sooo. Yah

Posted via the Android Central App

lady of the lake

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
When Verizon finally releases the PRIV, I had planned on retiring my two year old Z30. The Z30 gets much better reception than my husband's Kyocera Brigadier and son's IPhone 5S, expecially in rural Northern California where we farm as well as our cabin in the mountains where they have to go outside to use their phones. I hope the PRIV or upcoming VIENNA have reception equal to or better than my Z30 or I may be hanging on to it longer than planned.

My soon to be replaced BlackBerry Z30

medic22003

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
When Verizon finally releases the PRIV, I had planned on retiring my two year old Z30. The Z30 gets much better reception than my husband's Kyocera Brigadier and son's IPhone 5S, expecially in rural Northern California where we farm as well as our cabin in the mountains where they have to go outside to use their phones. I hope the PRIV or upcoming VIENNA have reception equal to or better than my Z30 or I may be hanging on to it longer than planned.

My soon to be replaced BlackBerry Z30

Ooorrrrr I might just buy another z30. Lol. Best reception I've ever had

posted with my bb10 z30

yvpan1

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
well, previously before joining the android bandwagon i've rocked the Z10, then the Z30, the Passport and now the PRIV.

i can safely say, comparing among those 4 phones, the Passport is the bottom performer. i don't say the Passport's reception is so mediocre but comparing among the others, particularly the Z30 & the PRIV, at places where those 2 phones could reach 4G LTE even though for a slight 1-2 bars, seems the Passport is not "fully aware" of the LTE existence hence it chooses to hold on full bar H+ for longer before it switches to LTE. i compared all phones using the same sim card (not just the same carrier but i swapped my card over these phones to check it myself). i am based in Indonesia and so far we're running the FDD LTE 1800 + TDD LTE 2300.

however, my Passport is a world LTE phone, i'm rocking the SQW-1 which can connect to ALL FDD based LTE all over the world, including the LTE 900 whereas my PRIV can only do LTE 1800/2600/850/700 (all bands, yeah, for US/CA/AUS, you are well catered..)