Selfie Cam

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys got my priv, really great device I absolutely love it. One thing my selfie cam has a green lighted overlay, does anyone else have this? Just wondering if its a programming related issue and how widespread it may be. I downloaded google camera to make sure it wasn't the blackberry app and nada, same thing, big green lights running through it.

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
yea i even tried to uninstall the update too, might of just got a defective one. Damn thing is great but I think I got a lemon. i can always go back to the store tomorrow and swap it out

CarGuy1368

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
This problem is blowing up over in the CrackBerry forums right now.

It seems to happen when the phone's front facing camera is being heavily used with apps like Snapchat. The phone gets warm and the green overlays appear (primarily in low-light conditions). I experienced the problem today.

Do NOT return the device. I can almost guarantee a new one will have the same issue.

I think it will be fixed in a future update.

Posted via the BlackBerry Venice

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It's not even snap chat it's a lighting condition that I'm sure some algorithm can fix. I don't use snapchat and still have issues.

Priv screen goes up.

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Yea it is lighting, in my home I have halogen lights and for some unknown reason at night there isn't enough natural light and I have these green light streaks through the picture from the halogen. In the daytime I'm fine at work in fluorescent light or outside its fine- its a weird issue I hope they can fix it with a update

ahmedhanif911

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I've got the same issue will be changing over for a new one. No point waiting for a update it's only a few devices with the problem

Posted via the Android Central App

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Just got the phone last night. Really making me want to trade it out for a different phone entirely. This and the battery life issues are really bothering me.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Just got the phone last night. Really making me want to trade it out for a different phone entirely. This and the battery life issues are really bothering me.

What battery issues are you having? I found that enabling push on my BlackBerry Hub email accounts was killing my battery, much like it did when I had the S6. Now that I fixed that issue, I'm not having anymore battery issues.

BTW, installing a ton of apps at once will kill your battery, no matter what phone you're using.

Posted from the BlackBerry Priv via the Android Central app

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue and the quality is just terrible.. I have Note 5 and the Priv is terrible in comparison. This might be a deal breaker for me.. I have kids and I use my cellphone to take a lot of pictures..

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm not having any green tint issues here.

Also, I know it's not fair to compare the front 2MP to my S6 5MP but I feel like the quality could be there if it could get more light as if the sensor just doesn't get enough. It's the same with the rear camera. It's just not picking up enough light in the same settings to show the same level of detail. I'm not complaining though. I don't take selfies and the rear looks good enough for anything I'd use it for.

Edit: looking at the actual iris on both phones (front and rear) I can see they are clearly bigger on the S6. I don't know if that even means anything but that's what I see.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000