ordered the new blackberry.

xsibleyx03

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
BlackBerry was my first smart phone with the torch and torch II, and I loved it until I got turned onto the android world and the Samsung note series has been by my side ever since. I was really put off by the new note 5 and the lack of features that I considered important. The lack of an SD card slot was the big deal breaker for me

I heard about the new blackberry about a month ago and I have been anxiously awaiting for it's arrival tomorrow since I ordered it on Thursday. The online reviews seem to be from blackberry fanboys or blackberry haters and doesn't really give a true review. Has anyone gotten their hands on one that can give a nonbiased review?

Posted via Android Central App

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered mine as well! For some reason, it's not shipping from AT&T until the 12. I thought they shipped right away, overnighted?

Anyways, I'm put off by how many flagship devices look the same, like the S6, Note5, and iPhones. I like that the Priv is different. I can't wait to get it.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Note5.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered mine as well! For some reason, it's not shipping from AT&T until the 12. I thought they shipped right away, overnighted?

Anyways, I'm put off by how many flagship devices look the same, like the S6, Note5, and iPhones. I like that the Priv is different. I can't wait to get it.

Was just on shopblackberry & the order page showed shipping the week of Nov 23rd if you ordered today.
Still showing a pre order status. ShopBlackBerry Online Store - *PRIV
Ordering through ATT has usually been 4-5 days in the past on other brands.
Maybe they are selling better than anticipated & BB did not build enough?

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a feeling BlackBerry may have been a lot more cautious with this launch based on previous experiences (Z10 launch for example...). I know the stores near me would only have a couple in stock at a time and were always sold out. Will be interesting to see the sales numbers. Perhaps the demand is higher than they were expecting, which is a good thing.

xsibleyx03

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
They told me mine wouldn't ship til the 13th and I got my shipping confirmation email on saturday. UPS says when I get home from work it will be there. Anticipation is really killing me. The phone that will save or kill brand will soon be in my hands.

Posted via Android Central App

Sleepy_ER_Dr

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Cannot wait to hear what you guys think of the device when you'll get your hands on one. I am going to wait for the white or red version to be released. :D

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Was just on shopblackberry & the order page showed shipping the week of Nov 23rd if you ordered today.
Still showing a pre order status. ShopBlackBerry Online Store - *PRIV
Ordering through ATT has usually been 4-5 days in the past on other brands.
Maybe they are selling better than anticipated & BB did not build enough?

Mine shipped today and it's going to be here tomorrow!

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I'd find an AT&T store that has a demo and check it out. I did over the weekend and while I was very enthusiastic about the Priv walking in, after using the keyboard I was really turned off. Some are saying it takes time to get used to it, but to me it was very small, cheap feeling and cramped. Definitely not the Blackberry keyboard I was used to after using Blackberry's for over a decade. That said, everyone will clearly think differently about the keyboard so you should definitely check it out for yourself.

xsibleyx03

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
The phone came in yesterday! It's as amazing as I thought it would be, other than it gets a little warm. Does anybody know how the numbers are looking?

Posted via the Android Central App

CarGuy1368

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
The phone came in yesterday! It's as amazing as I thought it would be, other than it gets a little warm. Does anybody know how the numbers are looking?

Posted via the Android Central App

There is a lot of speculation but we can't be sure until BlackBerry releases any numbers.

Also, I agree that the phone gets warm. I'm hoping it will get fixed in a future update.

Posted via the BlackBerry Venice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12