T-Mobile Priv

rapperman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I Posted this over on Crackberry but thought you folks might appreciate seeing it as well...

Had an interesting discussion with a Blackberry Tech Expert from T-Mobile today after trying to get some information about their Blackberry Classic.

Apparently the Priv has been in testing on their network for the last couple of weeks. The technician sounded quite enthusiastic about the device but stated that there were some issues with heat initially. The unit was sent back to Blackberry and was returned with new software and it has been smooth sailing ever since. He added that December is the month T-Mobile is planning for it's release on their network.

manusbaldspot

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Definitely appreciated.

ATT has an amazing promo for Uverse subscribers wanting to move to ATT wireless. Between that and the exclusivity of the Priv at the moment it's tempting to jump over.

Hopefully this is correct though December is extremely close!

Posted via the Android Central App

manusbaldspot

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Also, I'm glad that T-Mobile recognizes the heating issue. It seems to be a pretty broad issue and the lats thing I need are some hot pants

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm still on my first charge with the Priv (arrived yesterday) on TMO. I have one with a Nov 17th build date and my phone hasn't even gotten warm. It does have the occasional freeze though and have to wait a couple seconds for it to be usable at times. No regrets with purchase so far.

Edit: I just disabled Blackberry Hub, BBM, and BBM meetings, and I already feel the phone is a bit smoother without these short term freezes in apps and Internet I mentioned. It could be placebo or I haven't given it enough time since the change but I thought it was worth mentioning and may make a separate post about it if I do find this to be true.

Last edited:

Dunt Dunt Dunt

Q&A Team
Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm still on my first charge with the Priv (arrived yesterday) on TMO. I have one with a Nov 17th build date and my phone hasn't even gotten warm. It does have the occasional freeze though and have to wait a couple seconds for it to be usable at times. No regrets with purchase so far.

Edit: I just disabled Blackberry Hub, BBM, and BBM meetings, and I already feel the phone is a bit smoother without these short term freezes in apps and Internet I mentioned. It could be placebo or I haven't given it enough time since the change but I thought it was worth mentioning and may make a separate post about it if I do find this to be true.

I think many users are finding that removing of the "BlackBerry" Apps improves performance.... and aren't really missed by Android users.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance