PKB trackpad toggle?

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure I would have found one if there was but is there a way to toggle off the trackpad feature on the PKB. I think it's great until I'm typing a long doc and because of the way I type (sometimes sliding my thumbs to feel the keys), I find that I sometimes activate trackpad by accident, end up sliding the cursor somewhere further up in the paragraph, then I look up and realize I've just typed over half of my previously typed text. I've deleted words by accident too. I may just need more practice.

Posted via the Android Central App

CarGuy1368

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Go to Settings > Language and Input > Physical Keyboard > Turn off Gestures. It is important to note however that this sacrifices all gestures in the keyboard, so you won't be able to use it to scroll through the homescreen or apps.

If anyone knows how to disable the cursor for text only and retain the scrolling abilities, please chime in.

Posted via the BlackBerry Venice

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Go to Settings > Language and Input > Physical Keyboard > Turn off Gestures. It is important to note however that this sacrifices all gestures in the keyboard, so you won't be able to use it to scroll through the homescreen or apps.

If anyone knows how to disable the cursor for text only and retain the scrolling abilities, please chime in.

Posted via the BlackBerry Venice

Thanks I appreciate that. I thought I did that last night and it only disabled scrolling but you're right and it did disable the cursor too. I guess it's all or nothing but I can work with that when I need to type something long.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I appreciate that. I thought I did that last night and it only disabled scrolling but you're right and it did disable the cursor too. I guess it's all or nothing but I can work with that when I need to type something long.

at least you can shortcut settings by long pressing the 0 button with the 3 dots.

Priv screen goes up.

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Trisk, try to experiment with double tap on the physical keyboard. This activates / deactivates cursor control for editing.

Thanks, I did know this. I am getting better leaving gestures on though I still sometimes inadvertently delete a word especially going from the space bar to a word that starts with letter A for example. I'm trying my best to leave gestures on with the PKB though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12