Tasker Experts?

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
@Jonneh

Yes, mine is pretty perfect now. It usually switches with just a flicker of the pop up though sometimes it does take a full second. I haven't had it take as long a two seconds but I suspect the speed of the switch depends on background processes. Are you using the HUB? I don't use that and I'm convinced it's a resource hog that slows the phone some.

It is awesome that the phone knows what keyboard I want to use without having to worry about selecting. I'm so glad we got this working :)

Posted via the Android Central App

mmmac

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Here are some screenshots (from my setup) for anyone having trouble following along (with the discussion).

I too sometime get the 1 second delay (but most of the time it is instantaneous).

I'm using AutoInput to select the keyboard dialog

Attachments

• event_keyboard_out.png
    event_keyboard_out.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 29
  • event_not_keyboard_out.png
    event_not_keyboard_out.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 29
  • action_switch_to_blackberry.png
    action_switch_to_blackberry.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 30
  • action_switch_to_swiftkey.png
    action_switch_to_swiftkey.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 29

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
@Jonneh

Yes, mine is pretty perfect now. It usually switches with just a flicker of the pop up though sometimes it does take a full second. I haven't had it take as long a two seconds but I suspect the speed of the switch depends on background processes. Are you using the HUB? I don't use that and I'm convinced it's a resource hog that slows the phone some.

It is awesome that the phone knows what keyboard I want to use without having to worry about selecting. I'm so glad we got this working :)

Posted via the Android Central App

I eventually disabled the Hub as well, so it's not that. But sometimes I do only get the flicker as well, instead of the full second. I admit the 1 1/2 or 2 second times are more rare. It's not important anyway; the benefits are fantastic. I'm glad we got it working too, but I'm really glad you thought of it, created this thread, and then had the patience to wait for over a month to get it working with the right help slowly trickling in! :) Thank you to both yourself and plenTpak.

I posted an (admittedly crummy) tutorial over at Crackberry as well, since the Priv forums are blowing up over there compared to the quietness over here. Gave you both full credit, of course.

aryounus

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey There ...

Is it possible to create a Profile to automatically choose one of the default Profiles on the Blackberry Priv ("Normal", "Priority" or "Do Not Disturb")?

Any help in this regards will be appreciated.

Thanks

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried this, and just get the dialogue, but you have given me hour that if I check my typing more carefully I can get it to work.