Unlocked Priv on at&t VoLTE

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone purchased the phone unlocked from amazon or Blackberry and activated on at&t? Curious if you're see any enhanced LTE services like VoLTE. Really interested in VoLTE because it will greatly enhance my voice coverage in my area. I want the unlocked Priv for obvious reasons, no bloat and carrier testing. at&t welcomes unlocked devices but treats them like the red headed stepchild.

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I purchased an unlocked Priv and I did not have any enhanced calling features. I went to the store to compare and they are there for the AT&T version.

Posted via the Android Central App

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry man, but from what I learned having a 6P AT&T only supports there branded phones. This is why I went to T-Mobile

Posted via the Android Central App

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I think at&t allows unlocked devices to use Enhanced LTE services but it looks like they have to be certified. This means, and i'm guessing, it's been left up to the manufactures to have their unlocked devices approved by at&t before they have access to enhanced LTE services. HTC decided to jump the hoops. Still wish at&t had an open door policy with E-LTE like TMo.

HTC has done this with the A9. Quote from the network compatibility page from HTC. See Below.

"Unlocked devices usually don't support services such as Voice over LTE (VoLTE), Wi-Fi Calling, Mobile Hotspot and LTE Carrier Aggregation. Does the HTC One A9 Unlocked edition support those services?

Yes, unlike other mobile phone manufacturers, HTC is proud to offer the best user experience to our customers. We support Voice Services over LTE (VoLTE), Wi-Fi Calling, Mobile Hotspot and Carrier Aggregation. Our HTC One A9 has been built from the ground up for the North America customers and wireless networks."

I spoke with an owner of an unlocked a9 on at&t they they confirmed they have Enhanced LTE services and VoLTE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2