For those new Priv owners who have loose screen or chassis

Andy Wijaya

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys! I just got my new Priv yesterday, and I have to say even though I am impressed with the design of the phone, the build quality leaves more to be desired.

The screen was clicky on the left lower part of the screen when it is closed. So when I am pushing the back button and the virtual keyboard the screen part is moving and hitting against the keyboard part of the phone.

Moreover, the left side of the body was very creaky. Without any big effort you can press the left side of the phone and it gives you a creaky sound.

These give me a bad impression on the build quality of the phone. I showed this to my GF and then we both decided to return the phone.

Later however I realized that it is a very common problem, so I decided to keep it. After googling for some time I found a couple of helpful instructions on the internet which helped me solved the problem. These tips worked wonderfully for me, but I cannot guarantee it would work for you.

So these are the youtube videos for them. I hope that these work well for you as much as they did for me.

https://youtu.be/9toHKLN_Kjo

https://youtu.be/Uip2lqQeIBo

Credits to the two guys here who made those videos (I am sure Mr. Freeze is a frequent Crackberry user). I take no credit for it and the reason I am posting this is just to make others have an easier time to find the solutions.

For those with clicky and loose screen, this might also help. Credit to lawguyman who is also a CB user (I copy pasted his post).
1. Open the keyboard;
2. Hold the phone so that your thumb is placed under but parallel to the screen (along the top of the physical keyboard);
3. Place your index finger under the back of the phone under the speakers;
4. Place your other hand under the phone by the camera lens;
5. Apply GENTLE pressure to the base of the phone (not to the screen) with your thumb and index finger. You're flexing the base of the phone by the top of the physical keyboard.
6. Close the phone and test for clicks. If there are still clicks repeat with just a little bit more pressure. Test again for clicks. Repeat as necessary.

Cheers, have a nice day, and Merry Christmas!

Info: This is a duplicate thread from a thread that I posted on Crackberry 10, so don't be surprised if you guys find a same one on CB. I want to post it here just so that this solution get more exposure.

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I don't have this problem but if if I did, I would have returned it and got one that didn't and called it a day.

Posted via the Android Central App

Andy Wijaya

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I don't have this problem but if if I did, I would have returned it and got one that didn't and called it a day.

I also wanted to do this, but I heard someone already returned the device and all the replacement device got the same problem.

Amy wineBerry

May 9, 2011
Visit site
There are devices that don't have the issue so I guess it's safe to say it's not normal. I'm with Trisk333. I would have returned the device until I got a unit that didn't have the issue.

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
That sounds weird mine has none of these issues! Got lucky

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android

D

Deleted member 2678566

Meh. Mine feels a little loose but I got insurance so I'm not worried.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez