Priv is awesome!

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I wanted one, but got scared off by all the negatives posted here and at Crackberry. Reading people returning the phone four, five or six times to get a "good one", overheating, clicking, poor battery life, those things were off-putting in my purchasing decision. The negatives far outweighed any positives, especially if I was going to shell out $700 for a phone. It seemed like there were no positives, and everyone who bought one returned it again, and again, etc to get a "good one". So I passed. Now I am waiting for either an Android running Classic or the DTEK50.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Huh, you've read different comments than I have. I've been thinking what a nice, stable, close-to-vanilla-Android phone it is, and how I'm not the person scrambling for a power outlet at all day meetings these days, and how i like the ability to store a ton of stuff on the external SD chip, and hire happy i am that wireless charging works, and how nice the fast charging feature is.

In short, despite almost never using the keyboard, I'm pretty happy with the phone.

ggendel

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The PKB is the reason I chose the Priv. Slide it open and start typing and it starts a device search. Keys can be use as an app quick launcher. It's not as well integrated as the PKB in WebOS, but it can be extremely useful. You don't have to open up the app drawer and scroll/page to find a rarely used app. For example, type "memo" and it lists all of the apps that serve that purpose. If it matches a contact it offers the choice of phone, text, email, etc. Oh... you can use it to type with too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy