Ok, so it has had time to settle in, so how does the Priv shake out in real life?

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
After a this time how does the priv stand up in real world use? And in addition, have the QC problems sorted themselves out?

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
After a this time how does the priv stand up in real world use? And in addition, have the QC problems sorted themselves out?

I really appreciate Blackberry joint up with android. I think it's a very smart move. The device is amazing. I came from a 6P because of the reception and mic issues, had the phone replaced three times and then decided to drop in and go to the Priv. I am super happy with the device right now in its productivity. I use my device probably more then the average user due to personal use and work use. I see them flaws in all kinds of phones every month (I work for a Telcom in Canada). I believe a device should be reliable on the notification and reception every single day without having to restart the device and question if your messages are going through. Blackberry has always been good with their hardware but their software was baaaaaad. Now mix in some android with the better parts if Blackberry OS and we're laughing! Bottom line is that as soon as I can find the battery draining culprit I'm pretty sure this is the best device I have used to date!

christenmartin

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Awesome phone. I was not a big fan of Android but there is a lot to like about it. The priv is very productive devise and looking at other offerings worth the price.

Posted via the Android Central App

christenmartin

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I really appreciate Blackberry joint up with android. I think it's a very smart move. The device is amazing. I came from a 6P because of the reception and mic issues, had the phone replaced three times and then decided to drop in and go to the Priv. I am super happy with the device right now in its productivity. I use my device probably more then the average user due to personal use and work use. I see them flaws in all kinds of phones every month (I work for a Telcom in Canada). I believe a device should be reliable on the notification and reception every single day without having to restart the device and question if your messages are going through. Blackberry has always been good with their hardware but their software was baaaaaad. Now mix in some android with the better parts if Blackberry OS and we're laughing! Bottom line is that as soon as I can find the battery draining culprit I'm pretty sure this is the best device I have used to date!

I understand what your talking about when you say " the culprit". I have had in the past an app that did not load right or updated and went to s+++. Phone hot and battery drain. Sometimes you have to go scorched earth and wipe it all out. Good luck with the bug hunt. It's worth it I can get almost 2 days out of mine. I guess that's good. :)

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I understand what your talking about when you say " the culprit". I have had in the past an app that did not load right or updated and went to s+++. Phone hot and battery drain. Sometimes you have to go scorched earth and wipe it all out. Good luck with the bug hunt. It's worth it I can get almost 2 days out of mine. I guess that's good. :)

Seriously? 2 days?! That's insane! Maybe I should wipe it again and see if that helps. The phone battery only gets destroyed when I'm working on it. Gets hot and I can almost watch the battery life drain from the device.

christenmartin

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Seriously? 2 days?! That's insane! Maybe I should wipe it again and see if that helps. The phone battery only gets destroyed when I'm working on it. Gets hot and I can almost watch the battery life drain from the device.

Ya it's pretty much dead at the end work the second day but it makes it. I found out using wireless charging and not getting the phone on there right. Im a moderate user so if your a heavy user probably not. I've been real happy with the battery life

midnightdoom

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

Well I can't say I get 2 days unless it's a weekend and I'm not on it much. But my battery does last me my whole day usually no problem with 30%+ left. There has been a few days it drained super quick and was hot... this led me to look for apps that properly monitor things such as CPU.

Right now I am testing CPU monitor advanced which will record stats so you can later see how apps are performing.

Also OS monitor is a nice one to show live CPU usage and battery temp etc.

Those two apps combined should do a good job at trying to figure out what is the cause.

- one thing I am trying to find the is a app the tracks battery usage better than stock method.. My numbers never add up.. Like pinterest. It is a hog, heats my phone to 42 Celsius, drained 11% in a half hour, has a higher average CPU than most other apps I have. But stock battery usage only says it used 2%

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*

midnightdoom

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
One thing I will say is try not to use apps that control syncs etc for you. I tried a snapdragon battery guru app and it messed up all my syncs that I wasn't getting emails and stuff.. People say task stoppers like Greenify are good but others say they are bad because a lot of apps won't force close so you are essentially causing them to try and open in a loop and cause them to use more battery than if they were just running idle

As for cpu I have noticed when I leave my house (on WiFi) for work Android System has a average CPU of like 12% but then I reboot my phone and then it averages 1.8%

I haven't figured out why but that's why I like OS monitor so I can get an idea who is working overtime

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*

heyjohnnybravo

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Amazing software experience but not worth the money.

Clicking screens and creaky backs for a phone that was almost $1000 CAD? No thanks.

As much as I love the keyboard I wouldn't recommend this phone to my friends.

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site

Clicking screens and creaky backs for a phone that was almost $1000 CAD? No thanks.

no clicking screens or creaky backs here. worth every penny I spent on a phone I want for once and not the next slab, the same as my old slab with higher specs.

allanbank

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
no clicking screens or creaky backs here. worth every penny I spent on a phone I want for once and not the next slab, the same as my old slab with higher specs.

I agree. No creaks or squeaks or clicks here. I am loving this phone

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

That's okay. I'll recommend it to your friends, lol.

Seriously, QC 2.0 for rapid charging. Wireless charging included. SD card expansion if you want it. Nifty amoled screen effects similar to Moto. Tap-to-wake from LG. Sexy dual-curved screen (sort of like Samsung's Edge). Physical keyboard plus the usual SwiftKey. Fun and nostalgic sliding mechanism.

I mean, it's sort of like BlackBerry put a piece of every android manufacturer into the Priv. I'm definitely looking for the Priv 2.

Erik Sanchez2

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
That's okay. I'll recommend it to your friends, lol.

Seriously, QC 2.0 for rapid charging. Wireless charging included. SD card expansion if you want it. Nifty amoled screen effects similar to Moto. Tap-to-wake from LG. Sexy dual-curved screen (sort of like Samsung's Edge). Physical keyboard plus the usual SwiftKey. Fun and nostalgic sliding mechanism.

I mean, it's sort of like BlackBerry put a piece of every android manufacturer into the Priv. I'm definitely looking for the Priv 2.

Awesome post. I didn't look at its design this way. I had it a few days but didn't keep it long enough to truly explore it. Tap to wake is REALLY underappreciated by people.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX