I just went to AT&T to get a priv

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I need the AT&T store today to get the Priv. The salesman who was there is the guy I have purchased every phone for the past five years from. He told me not to get the Priv since they have had a 100% return rate on all Priv phones since they started selling them. He said get a iPhone or any other android phone. So I am going to wait a bit longer it looks like. I don't want a phone that is almost guaranteed that I will have to return it.

Big Bri

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine since day one and am loving it! I'm somewhat suspect of a 100 percent return.....

Posted via the Android Central App

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: I just went to AT&T to get a priv

I need the AT&T store today to get the Priv. The salesman who was there is the guy I have purchased every phone for the past five years from. He told me not to get the Priv since they have had a 100% return rate on all Priv phones since they started selling them. He said get a iPhone or any other android phone. So I am going to wait a bit longer it looks like. I don't want a phone that is almost guaranteed that I will have to return it.
I do not buy this 1OO return. I just bought open box from local carrier in Canada (because it is cheaper) and it took me 15 calls to local dealers to find one open box priv. Some dealers were sold out from Priv. The phone is really good. Just go and get it and see yourself if you like it. The salesman works on commission so he pushes phones which he gets more money from or he likes iPhone better and dislikes blackberry. At&t must have return policy so no risk to you. Better yet buy open box and save tons from buying new like I did !

By the way did you ask him what is it that people do not like exactly ?

I have hard time finding any faults with this phone. Typing on keyboard again is such a joy! It took me a little bit of adjusting but now I go fast on it

I wrote this reply on priv with keyboard !

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, this guy I trust because he has never, not once tried to force a phone on me, he has offered options, but he is a good guy. Now the 100% return rate might be peculiar to this store, but I keep reading here and on Crackberry about people going through 1, 2 ,3 Privs before they get a "good one". He was just telling me what was happening at this particular store and what AT&T seems to be experiencing. I have never had to return any iPhone I have gotten for the wife and kids, nor any HTC phone I have ever used. They work, they work right out of the box. Both Blackberry 9700's I had, the keyboards died at six months, no other phone I have ever used had that issue. He might know what he is talking about, and the posts here seem to bear him out.

I do not buy this 1OO return. I just bought open box from local carrier in Canada (because it is cheaper) and it took me 15 calls to local dealers to find one open box priv. Some dealers were sold out from Priv. The phone is really good. Just go and get it and see yourself if you like it. The salesman works on commission so he pushes phones which he gets more money from or he likes iPhone better and dislikes blackberry. At&t must have return policy so no risk to you. Better yet buy open box and save tons from buying new like I did !

By the way did you ask him what is it that people do not like exactly ?

I have hard time finding any faults with this phone. Typing on keyboard again is such a joy! It took me a little bit of adjusting but now I go fast on it

I wrote this reply on priv with keyboard !

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, this guy I trust because he has never, not once tried to force a phone on me, he has offered options, but he is a good guy. Now the 100% return rate might be peculiar to this store, but I keep reading here and on Crackberry about people going through 1, 2 ,3 Privs before they get a "good one". He was just telling me what was happening at this particular store and what AT&T seems to be experiencing. I have never had to return any iPhone I have gotten for the wife and kids, nor any HTC phone I have ever used. They work, they work right out of the box. Both Blackberry 9700's I had, the keyboards died at six months, no other phone I have ever used had that issue. He might know what he is talking about, and the posts here seem to bear him out.
I am surprised because I never had problems with blackberry phones. In fact I always found blackberry phones to be tough and resilient to rough.

I would still get one to try it out.

Last edited:

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd try it out for yourself if I were you. Just return within their amount of days (14?).
You already had it in your head that all Privs have issues, because you posted in several threads on CrackBerry in a row for like a week just saying over and over again how terrible the Priv is and how you can't believe people get lemons and have to do a simple exchange. You're on a forum, sir, 90% of all posts are going to be problems from users looking for assistance. The results are skewed.

No matter what you read here or hear from your sales buddy, nothing will beat your own personal experience handling your own specific device. Give it a try!

louisstone

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

I am surprised because I never had problems with blackberry phones. In fact I always found blackberry phones to be tough and resilient to rough.

I would still get one to try it out.

My Blackberry Storm II still works. I use it now as a glorified MP3 player when I run. But that sucker is still kicking.

--
Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're thinking too much.

christenmartin

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I had to wait for a new shipment to get mine and for my wife's 2 weeks later. No returns, but they only got 3 privs per shipment. They are tough. I dropped mine from 6'3" on concrete right on the corner of the phone and nothing. My wife flip hers up in the air in in a parking lot and nothing. I've cracked a couple of screens doing a lot less.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
From the number of people who have 2-3-4 Priv's before they get a good one, reminds me of a guy I work with who has been married 7 times. I want to love the Priv, but I want it to be the first one, so I don't keep paying alimony....

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Well this is the best android phone I've ever owned going back to the Google G1 and coming most recently from a galaxy S6. I got a good one on the first try. maybe some people just can't be pleased and return things 4 or 5 times to get a good one, I don't know. All I know is this phone has and does everything I want or need.

There are no quality issues, I think the camera takes great pics, the keyboard is a godsend, battery life gets me through a day with heavy use, a quality multi-color notification LED is something most other phones are lacking as well as an SD card slot. I feel like BlackBerry made a phone I want and not one they felt people should be using and if there's a Priv 2, I'd most likely get it. This is my first BB and though I could make suggestions for the next model, I'm in no way disappointed.

Like others said, stop wasting months of your life reading about a phone you want and just get it and if it's not what you want, exchange it!

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
He's got the same post over on CrackBerry. I'm amused that he ignored Jerry's offer to get exact numbers on this return issue he's so obviously concerned over.

Last edited by a moderator:

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
From the number of people who have 2-3-4 Priv's before they get a good one, reminds me of a guy I work with who has been married 7 times. I want to love the Priv, but I want it to be the first one, so I don't keep paying alimony....
Damn... 7 times? Why would anyone will marry so many times? They must be thinking that marrying is like nothing at all or the guy is rich and don't care in wasting his money.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
He sleeps with them, and a week to a month later he marries them. The last one lasted all of 8 months including the time it took to get the divorce....

Damn... 7 times? Why would anyone will marry so many times? They must be thinking that marrying is like nothing at all or the guy is rich and don't care in wasting his money.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I do, because this is an Android forum, and that is a Blackberry forum. I did not ignore it, I just chose not to get my salesguy in trouble.

He's got the same post over on CrackBerry. I'm amused that he ignored Jerry's offer to get exact numbers on this return issue he's so obviously concerned over.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
He sleeps with them, and a week to a month later he marries them. The last one lasted all of 8 months including the time it took to get the divorce....
Wow... wondering the type of individual he is and type of women he sleep with it. They are in the same low level.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I do, because this is an Android forum, and that is a Blackberry forum. I did not ignore it, I just chose not to get my salesguy in trouble.

He would get in trouble for telling an actual return rate, but there's no problem with throwing out incorrect information that would dissuade sales? Interesting.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Maybe a $700 phone is no big deal to you, but to me it represents ALOT of money. I just can't return it if I don't like it. But its your opinion, and you are welcome to it. As for my comments, I am merely repeating what I see here and on Crackberry, few if any have a "good" copy, seems like almost all that post there have issues.
I always buy unlocked full price and I wait a year later to purchase it. I will never ever spent $700 in a phone. When the price is half or even less than half is when I spend the money for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995