blackberry priv

ep1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
when you want to know something you go right to the source.
so what dose the real android people have to say about the priv. i heard heat issues, bad battery, freezing. hub not ready to much android loaded app. might be coming from BB Z30 if not this would be a good choice. to it.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
What's a "real android" person?
To my understanding is someone that have been using Android for years and only use Android. I myself does not consider an Android guy because I used Android before but I jumped to iPhone then to Windows Phone then back to Android.

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
To my understanding is someone that have been using Android for years and only use Android. I myself does not consider an Android guy because I used Android before but I jumped to iPhone then to Windows Phone then back to Android.
Heh. I came from BlackBerry and the PRIV is my first Android device... so I'm out too I guess.

D

Deleted member 2678566

I've used the S3 Mini and HTC Sense which I know is ancient Android. For me it's one of the best of the new Android's from 2015.i haven't tried any other Android for more than a week.

Ammitedly I have been using BlackBerry for 6 years but I have to say there was an awful lot of Samsung bloat ware I had to contend with on the S3 Mini.

BlackBerry just had the core apps what make it a Blackberry. The calender, the Hub and DTEK will be amazing when Marshmallow arrives when it can stop certain apps from using certain permissions. At the moment it just notifies you.

I would like to try the 6p, I think it's a great device but the PRIV easily closely matches it.

Regarding your concerns about heating and the battery, I have projections it can last well in to two days. I am a heavy user though and it drains much faster but the same would happen on an iPhone too.

The camera has received fantastic improvements in the last month. It really is one of the best on the market albeit the iPhone 6S probably is the best.

Finally I struggled to use the physical keyboard at first but I'm using it more and more. I very easily in a second can switch between swiftkey and the BlackBerry virtual keyboard. I think it's important to use a different keyboard for those incognito moments. I sometimes type with the physical keyboard with SwiftKey and I have asked them to add support for the scrolling track pad.

I recommend it.

Posted via the Android Central App

D

Deleted member 2678566

people that have more experience using the platform how dose it compare to others.

Thanks for the complete disregard. Go and buy $am$ung for all I care. Rude.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have one in my possession right now, but it's going back in a couple days. I like the idea of it, but hate the hardware inconsistencies. I can't deal with a phone that creaks when I tap on the screen or pick it up.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i went from BB to HTC ONE (my first android) to PRIV. i have had it one week and have two more until i have to decide whether or not to keep it. the brilliant blackberry things for me are physical keyboard and notification light (one reason i chose the HTC). i haven't had any of your aforementioned issues. but i am not a power user. i watch movies on bigger screens and only play games with girls' hearts.

that being said, unless you want or need a PKB i don't see any reason to get one. (again i skipped the passport/BB10 other users seem obsessed with)

D

Deleted member 2678566

I loved my passport and I have to admit when I first tried the PRIV I didn't use the pkb but 3 months in, I love my keyboard! It even tells you of activated functions in the top bar. For example, the shift key is displayed in the attachment as well as selecting words with he cursor

Attachments

• 157688.jpg
    157688.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 119
D

Deleted member 2678566

Shift next to Bluetooth

Attachments

• 1455124618467.jpg
    1455124618467.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 72

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
This is my 5th android phone, replacing a moto x. I like it, except that it doesn't fit in my pockets. I haven't had heat issues since the first software upgrade. I like they keyboard when I use it. The screen is terrific. It has tons of storage and it is fast and smooth to use. What'd not to like?

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
when you want to know something you go right to the source.
so what dose the real android people have to say about the priv. i heard heat issues, bad battery, freezing. hub not ready to much android loaded app. might be coming from BB Z30 if not this would be a good choice. to it.

1. I do not have heat issues unless I play graphics intensive games.
2. Battery is OK and I would recommend buying fast charger. You can recharge the phone to about 50% in 30 minutes
3. The phone never froze on me completely.
4. I like hub I just do not love it yet. Hub is not as good as on bb10. For example zoom function is missing. I am sure blackberry will improve it soon.
5. I am not sure about your last question. Priv is almost stock android. Much better than other phones with heavily customized ui like Samsung or HTC or asus

Priv is the best phone I ever had and I know it will get even better with time

D

Deleted member 2678566

1. I do not have heat issues unless I play graphics intensive games.
2. Battery is OK and I would recommend buying fast charger. You can recharge the phone to about 50% in 30 minutes
3. The phone never froze on me completely.
4. I like hub I just do not love it yet. Hub is not as good as on bb10. For example zoom function is missing. I am sure blackberry will improve it soon.
5. I am not sure about your last question. Priv is almost stock android. Much better than other phones with heavily customized ui like Samsung or HTC or asus

Priv is the best phone I ever had and I know it will get even better with time

Regarding no. 1 periscope has severe heat issues which crashes the device but I think it's an android issue. I've reported to periscope edge users are affected as well as us

D

Deleted member 2678566

This is my 5th android phone, replacing a moto x. I like it, except that it doesn't fit in my pockets. I haven't had heat issues since the first software upgrade. I like they keyboard when I use it. The screen is terrific. It has tons of storage and it is fast and smooth to use. What'd not to like?

I think a lot of girls have that issue with a lot of phones. It's why Apple is making an iPhone 5se

Also the BlackBerry Vienna maybe a little smaller. They should make a Classic Android with the trackpad!

Mr4aces

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I think "some" of the hardware problems might be self inflected. It is a delicate phone and improper storage or handling will cause the phone to bend.

I have not had a problem with this phone but maybe I just got a good batch.

Battery life can be helped by turning off the apps running in the background and those synchronizing all the time.

I am a heavy user an it will last more than 8 hours

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I think a lot of girls have that issue with a lot of phones. It's why Apple is making an iPhone 5se

Also the BlackBerry Vienna maybe a little smaller. They should make a Classic Android with the trackpad!

Yup. I'm an android gal, so I'm not interested in any other BlackBerry phone. The android phones that are smaller mostly lack memory and battery life. I got the small Sony, but I wasn't wild about the screen, the way if felt in my hand (incredibly slippery, not good for one hand use, despite the reasonable size) and I didn't like the "skin" as much as I like stock android. The Priv is very close to stock android, and I like most of the tweaks. And the round edges and soft back make it surprising easy to hold despite its size.

This is a very nice phone, and other than the price, I see no real downside.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I think "some" of the hardware problems might be self inflected. It is a delicate phone and improper storage or handling will cause the phone to bend.

I have not had a problem with this phone but maybe I just got a good batch.

Battery life can be helped by turning off the apps running in the background and those synchronizing all the time.

I am a heavy user an it will last more than 8 hours

I do not have problems with the phone as well. Also I do realize that it will take blackberry time to fix/improve things.I think people should give blackberry some slack. Company like apple or google or Microsoft with many more resources release phone updates which sometimes brick phones completely. Blackberry is doing good job with its much more limited resources.

Blackberry priv has positive reviews. The company needs more phones like that and blackberry should keep releasing unique phones

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX