Android 9 Android central vs CrackBerry

Jamescunni

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Just curious as a ex BlackBerry 10 user now on Priv is it just me who feels uncomfortable talking about the Priv on CrackBerry forums seems like you can't put anything on without it descending into a name calling contest so my first point of call for Priv is now AC anyone else feel same or am I just paranoid 😂

Posted via the Android Central App

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
The forums there can get a bit heated when it comes to the PRIV discussions... that's for sure. It's no surprise though, BlackBerry's move to Android is a polarizing decision and a clear sign that BB10 will slowly make it's way to end of life eventually. As with any change, there are going to be detractors and a lot of frustration as people come to grips with it and adjust. I miss the productivity and seamless flow of the BB10 OS and I'm hoping BlackBerry can bring as much of that as they can to Android with their Apps. Hub on Android is a long way off at the moment, it will take time. Hub on BB10 at the start as pretty rough too.

The forum there does get a lot more views though, so if you're looking for info it is a great place. I'm sure this one will pick up over time.

Jamescunni

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
The forums there can get a bit heated when it comes to the PRIV discussions... that's for sure. It's no surprise though, BlackBerry's move to Android is a polarizing decision and a clear sign that BB10 will slowly make it's way to end of life eventually. As with any change, there are going to be detractors and a lot of frustration as people come to grips with it and adjust. I miss the productivity and seamless flow of the BB10 OS and I'm hoping BlackBerry can bring as much of that as they can to Android with their Apps. Hub on Android is a long way off at the moment, it will take time. Hub on BB10 at the start as pretty rough too.

The forum there does get a lot more views though, so if you're looking for info it is a great place. I'm sure this one will pick up over time.

Yeah that's true I was in two minds at first too to be honest but at least here if I will have a issue then you more likely to get a more balanced view I.e first time on Android for me don't want to be posting a issue and someone says Android sucks stick to a proper BlackBerry that seems to be a common answer

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm still adjusting to the "Android way of life" with my PRIV... it has been frustrating for sure since this is my first Android experience. As with anything, it will come over time.

ajwan

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site

+1

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

It was the same there for the move from BBOS to BB10 In general, people dont like change

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Just curious as a ex BlackBerry 10 user now on Priv is it just me who feels uncomfortable talking about the Priv on CrackBerry forums seems like you can't put anything on without it descending into a name calling contest so my first point of call for Priv is now AC anyone else feel same or am I just paranoid 😂

It's not you

christenmartin

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
If I want to enjoy my life I stay a way from crackberry. Nothing is good expecially when it comes to BlackBerry products.

Mr4aces

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
The hard core BlackBerry heads are naysayers. You have to also understand that they have people assigned to monitor the forums and some threads get out of hand.

CrackBerry will also allow anything as long as their hit count increases. Hit count justifies higher ad cost. It's all about the almighty dollar.

AC seems to have stricter guide lines.

christenmartin

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
The hard core BlackBerry heads are naysayers. You have to also understand that they have people assigned to monitor the forums and some threads get out of hand.

CrackBerry will also allow anything as long as their hit count increases. Hit count justifies higher ad cost. It's all about the almighty dollar.

AC seems to have stricter guide lines.

I definitely think it is about hit count. Wpcentral and android central are much much better. Crackberry is impossible to discuss a devise without trolls. Sucks.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I like to check crackberry sometimes... just to get myself some laugh there. The most that resist change is the old people. When they used to have blackberry for years.... its really a very big change for them. I myself have been using blackberry, iPhones, windows phone and android for years. Me changing to any platform is not a big deal but I am enjoying more the android ecosystem.

rob350

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I like to check crackberry sometimes... just to get myself some laugh there. The most that resist change is the old people. When they used to have blackberry for years.... its really a very big change for them. I myself have been using blackberry, iPhones, windows phone and android for years. Me changing to any platform is not a big deal but I am enjoying more the android ecosystem.

Sure is refreshing looking around on here instead of crackberry.
I agree, I do understand why so many are up in arms, I don't doubt bb10 may be very good (I went from a bold9900 (pre bb10) to Android a few years back), but they simply have not been able to Crack into the iphone/android group with bb10.
Likewise I'm dedicated to Android now, would never have considered going to a non android device.

Had been saying since I went from my bold to Android that I wish they would think about a torch style phone so that you get a full size screen but the possibility of a keyboard still. Man having a full size screen is soooo much better than that little square thing.

I'm very excited for a priv. The main things holding me back is "time" hoping the hardware click issues get fixed, guarantee it gets marshmallow (BB does not just walk away from the priv), and accepting that a Canadian priv means no wireless charging.
I would have no problem paying full price for a unlocked American priv (-1 model I believe), but carriers seem to have incredibly ****ty bring your own phone plans.
Spending an extra $100 on the phone is one thing, but then getting screwed another $200+ over 24 months in comparison to signing a contract for a phone just does not make sense...

Very happy to see the atmosphere in here, although not a super active section in here, still nice to see android guys having a warm welcome to the priv device.

Mr4aces

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Sure is refreshing looking around on here instead of crackberry.
I agree, I do understand why so many are up in arms, I don't doubt bb10 may be very good (I went from a bold9900 (pre bb10) to Android a few years back), but they simply have not been able to Crack into the iphone/android group with bb10.
Likewise I'm dedicated to Android now, would never have considered going to a non android device.

Had been saying since I went from my bold to Android that I wish they would think about a torch style phone so that you get a full size screen but the possibility of a keyboard still. Man having a full size screen is soooo much better than that little square thing.

I'm very excited for a priv. The main things holding me back is "time" hoping the hardware click issues get fixed, guarantee it gets marshmallow (BB does not just walk away from the priv), and accepting that a Canadian priv means no wireless charging.
I would have no problem paying full price for a unlocked American priv (-1 model I believe), but carriers seem to have incredibly ****ty bring your own phone plans.
Spending an extra $100 on the phone is one thing, but then getting screwed another $200+ over 24 months in comparison to signing a contract for a phone just does not make sense...

Very happy to see the atmosphere in here, although not a super active section in here, still nice to see android guys having a warm welcome to the priv device.

Lol

I use the 9900 as my work phone withe the Priv as my second phone for primary use at hone

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
If I want to enjoy my life I stay a way from crackberry. Nothing is good expecially when it comes to BlackBerry products.

Yes I agree you should stay away from Crackberry as I don't know how long it will take them to realize BB10 is a dead platform. I was a long time user of Blackberry and made the switch to the Note series and few years ago and couldn't be happier. They expect Blackberry to keep releasing BB10 devices when they simply don't sell. They are company trying to make a profit not a charity organization lol

Posted via the AT&T Note 5

aecgda

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I definitely think it is about hit count. Wpcentral and android central are much much better. Crackberry is impossible to discuss a devise without trolls. Sucks.

I'm not sure that's true. I've used BlackBerries all my life and the change was inevitable and the right decision. I find the Priv an excellent phone that gets better. Android brings many benefits with the apps but I like the extra features that BlackBerry brings to it. The organiser of Crackberry is a decent bloke but the forum suffers from a lot of problems of social media. I don't think the forum itself does anything to encourage it. A number of people intervene to stop the negative posting.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I honestly will never understand why people get all offended when you talk bad about their choice of phone. It's just a phone not a member of your family lol. As long as your happy with it that's all that matters.

Posted via the AT&T Note 5