Blackberry Priv on Verizon - Has anyone gotten it to work like in the article?

hunters116

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
An article on the site clearly says the Blackberry Priv works on Verizon after a reboot, and even shows the Verizon Wireless boot screen. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that EVERYTHING works (voice, text, data/LTE) on this phone without it having a CDMA radio? Is it just hidden from the spec sheets? How is this article correct?

I'm very confused. I ordered one and need to know whether or not to send it back/cancel my order if I get a response in time.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I too would like clarification on this. I have poked around and found conflicting answers. Thank you

Posted via the Android Central App

gaddang2

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I too am curious about the model number. I know for a fact I live in a LTE area and want to give this phone a shot. Do I go to At&t and buy one there? Do I buy Unlocked version?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
NO NO NO NO NO. The unlocked BlackBerry Priv does NOT have CDMA radio in it. It might work most of the time, if you're on LTE and have VoLTE enabled, but if you need a device to have full functionality on Verizon, the unlocked Priv is not it. The Verizon version with CDMA radios will be out in March and passed through FCC approvals a month ago. It is a different phone than the unlocked Priv - it has the required radios for Verizon. There is no debate about this at all. It does not have the radio.

brandonpry55

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The article was right in a way, I actually switched to att when the priv came out but still have a Verizon line because of where I travel for work.
LTE services will work perfect, and if LTE is the only thing your ever connected to then it will work, however without CDMA I can't use it anywhere that Verizon held an advantage because it can't utilize 3G. The article was very misleading and I think it should be corrected to note as such.

Dunt Dunt Dunt

Q&A Team
Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Yeah it's up for order now on Verizon..... $30 a month on EDGE or outright it's $720.

But doesn't seem like it's going to be available in stores....yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae