I have a new Blackberry Priv. Anyone have any positive suggestions for screen protection?

A

AC Question

I have heard that the Tech21 Self Heal and the ZAGG Invisible Shield both do well in providing protection. Unfortunately neither has a screen protector for the Blackberry Priv.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Any soft protector (like 3/$5) will protect the screen against scratches and wear. NO protector will protect it against breakage - tempered glass and Gorilla Glass 4 have about the same hardness. (If they come out with transparent aluminum or diamond protectors, I'll have to rethink this.)

dew066

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
I have a hard sliding case from Seido with a Skinomi screen protector. It works well I think. Pick a case first, then pick screen protector is what I would say.

Posted via Priv by BlackBerry

dmits

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Screen protectors are useless. It's Gorilla Glass 4, it doesn't scratch. If you drop it just right where it will crack it will crack with or without a screen protector. This is my Gear S2 3G that I have scratched the powder coating off the Stainless Steel while dragging it through gravel. The screen is Gorilla Glass 4 and not a mark on it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 63267.jpg
    63267.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 122

anon(870071)

Trusted Member
Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Best buy canada via the geek squad.They have a first come first served lineup desk where you can get the ClearPlex screen protector service. Costs about 25$ and has unlimited lifetime warranty.

filanto

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Any soft protector (like 3/$5) will protect the screen against scratches and wear. NO protector will protect it against breakage - tempered glass and Gorilla Glass 4 have about the same hardness. (If they come out with transparent aluminum or diamond protectors, I'll have to rethink this.)

This would be great, Aluminium oxynitride

DarkJoker33

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

htrdlnc#CB

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I use the seidio surface case with holster. It makes the phone feel more substantial.

As faf as screen protectors, I agree about the gorilla glass. But I like to keep as much boogers and food off the screen.

I would love to do zagg, but I can't find it. Not even on zagg's site.

medic22003

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Gorilla glass or not I'm sold on tempered glass. I think they absorb the impact and take the energy instead of the screen. So my theory is that same hardness or no, the tempered glass breaks instead of the screen. Seemed to be the case on other phones for me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084