Why won't my Priv automatically connect to car bluetooth?

DrConcrete

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I have an AT&T branded Priv and a 2015 VW Golf with the first generation MIB headset (does not have Android Auto). I can pair my Priv with the VW, but every time I get in the car, I have to either turn the BT connection off then on or force the Priv to connect from the BT settings menu. I have two Samsung Galaxy phones that automatically connect every time. What is the problem?

DrConcrete

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I have isolated the problem to this: When the bluetooth connection to my Galaxy Gear S2 watch is active, the Priv will not auto connect to the car; otherwise, it auto connects as expected. I tried Bluetooth Auto Connect, but it did not correct the issue. Maybe I am not setting up Bluetooth Auto Connect properly...??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the phone connect to the Gear S2 with Phone Audio and Media Audio? A phone can only be connected to one device at a time for either of those profiles. If it's already connected to the Gear S2, it won't be able to connect to the car as well for either Phone Audio or Media Audio.

DrConcrete

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
It does connect to the Gear S2 with phone audio and media audio. What puzzles me is that my other phone, a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active also running Android Lollipop and paired with the Gear S2, will automatically connect to the car every time I get in.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it has to do with the Samsung firmware working more smoothly with the Gear S2, compared to the Blackberry. I'm not really familiar with the Gear devices--does it require a Gear Manager app installed on the phone?

jakie55

Trusted Member
May 7, 2011
Visit site
My Priv connects seamlessly with my Pebble time, and my Hyundai Sonata. Not sure what to say.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC