BBM for SMS

Guru

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello love this new Priv so far for my work phone. Still getting readjusted to the keyboard but so far everything working well. I used to be an old school Blackberry guy and LOVED BBM! Now that I have it back can I use it to send and receive SMS texts to people who do not have a blackberry or BBM or do that have to have BBM installed? Any help would be appreciated!

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
BBM only works between BBM clients. For SMS, you'll have to use an SMS client.

With the Hub though, it's still almost one-stop shopping. Just choose SMS or BBM or whatever when you want to send a message.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know you could use BBM as an SMS. I thought you could only communicate with BBM contacts within the app itself.

You can always invite friends to use BBM. Now that BBM is cross-platform, I feel that it is one of the greatest and yet most underrated form of messaging out there.

Posted via the Android Central App

D

Deleted member 2678566

BBM is so dead I am afraid. BlackBerry either need to buy somebody like KIK or just sell BBM off

pittster

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Not sure of this thought because I'm not a developer, but if somehow it can be combined with allo/duo it may just find its place

kidkamel

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
That feature was with Legacy devices running BBOS. It was changed when they went to BB10 and never brought it back. It would be nice for them to do so.

Also you can be that person who refuses to use SMS and force people to switch to BBM to chat with you 😀😁😂😋😎

pittster

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
That feature was with Legacy devices running BBOS. It was changed when they went to BB10 and never brought it back. It would be nice for them to do so.

Also you can be that person who refuses to use SMS and force people to switch to BBM to chat with you 😀😁😂😋😎

I am that person as hard of a job it is I persist

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
BBM is so dead I am afraid. BlackBerry either need to buy somebody like KIK or just sell BBM off

To be fair everything Blackberry is finished.

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38