No Android M updates & H+ display even when data turned off

soapydarren

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I've just got a Priv as a gift and found it's an AT&T model (although unlocked and works with my network). However, it shipped with Android 5.1.1 and a search for updates returned as me having the latest update. Tried searching again but it says I need to wait 24hrs.

Secondly, while setting the phone up, I found that there's no usual mobile data on or off option in the mobile network section (thinking it's an AT&T tweak). I found it after roaming about on the phone but noticed that the h+ sign or E sign still displays after turning mobile data off, as against all other devices I've ever used. There are also strange additions like 'background data restrictions' and 'metered network'. Please can anyone explain all these? Don't want unnecessary bills even when data is turned off. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20160828_144809.jpg
    IMG_20160828_144809.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 20

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've just got a Priv as a gift and found it's an AT&T model (although unlocked and works with my network). However, it shipped with Android 5.1.1 and a search for updates returned as me having the latest update. Tried searching again but it says I need to wait 24hrs.

Secondly, while setting the phone up, I found that there's no usual mobile data on or off option in the mobile network section (thinking it's an AT&T tweak). I found it after roaming about on the phone but noticed that the h+ sign or E sign still displays after turning mobile data off, as against all other devices I've ever used. There are also strange additions like 'background data restrictions' and 'metered network'. Please can anyone explain all these? Don't want unnecessary bills even when data is turned off. Thanks

Hey man. I'm honesty not sure about turning the data on and off. I haven't had a problem with that and I'm using an unlocked model as well. I do know that for the updates you will have to use and active AT&T sim card to get it. It's annoying and they are working on a workaround for that but for now that's what you have to do. I got a $5 prepaid sim from AT&T and that did the trick.

ray689

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech