Who is excited for the Vienna?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Folks,

Ok so we have a new device coming from BlackBerry or so the rumors go Chen says more are coming (although he did NOT say if it's BB10 or Android, but based on how they seem to be selling i.e. the Priv keeps selling out on Amazon! you draw your own conclusions) John Chen confirms 'we have a range of products after this' in interview with Fox Business | CrackBerry.com

Our own Phil Nickinson wrote a great blog showing off what the next BlackBerry Android might/should look like. BlackBerry Vienna — the second Android BB — is a candybar with more physical buttons? | Android Central

So who is excited for this device? I already own a Priv and I really love it, BUT I can see the value of another member of the family without the slider factor AND perhaps a bit cheaper. I've also considered if BB should do a non keyboard Android and their I have mixed feelings. BlackBerry's competitive advantage, IF it can be said they have one, is the physical keyboard. That is what they do better than anyone else. Many people make good slab Android phones, BUT who has made a good Android with a physical keyboard? I guess Moto came the closest.

Anyways what are your thoughts?

playbookster

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I just got a Priv, I doubt I would buy the Vienna but it does have a cool look to it. Hope it does well.

Posted via the Android Central App

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm excited for a high end Blackberry passport android with updated specs

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
That video is fake!!! He used android image over Passpotr's screen...notice how pixelated screen area is...hahahahha.

There are a couple Android BlackBerry Passports out there (for testing) since there is a small chance there might be a Android version being released.

The BlackBerry "Vienna" (which is currently under a different name) will be released in October this year (currently planned, which can change)

It looks more like a BlackBerry Classic upgrade. But I'm definitely excited to use one soon. :)

Posted via Android Central App

Dunt Dunt Dunt

Q&A Team
Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Vienna... is no more.

Not really sure why they jumped the gun on creating this "section"... should have be rumored devices. Which there are some other rumored devices, but with even less info than there was on the Vienna.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888