| || |
Switching from BB to Incredible... questions...
I have a few questions... I will be coming from a ****** sh¡tStorm and can't tell you how relieved I am to be getting away from it.
I switched from an original iPhone (couldn't stand AT&T service where I live) and I bought it when it first came out. I am on replacement #4 (now a ****** sh¡tStorm 2) and it basically is WORSE than the original one because they put all the buttons on the bottom of the screen instead of having them separate so it sends messages and activates the phone, does all kinds of other stuff when you don't want it to while you're typing. It's awesome.
I've been with a BlackBerry for years, before my iPhone... Anyway, here are my questions:
1. INBOX - on the BB, you have a unified Inbox of messages, emails, etc... is this the same on Android? If not, any BB users out there can speak to this? Is there a way to unify all inboxes?
2. EMAIL - I have a Yahoo!™ account, it's a personal one, and a google apps account for my gmail... am I able to receive mail for both of these accounts?
2a. Yahoo! was pushed on the iPhone, is it pushed on Android?
2b. GMail was not pushed on the iPhone at the time I had it so I had to manually check my mail every few minutes or so because my iPhone would not fetch it otherwise. Is it pushed on Android?
2c. How many email accounts are you allowed to have?
3. Keyboard - the ****** sh¡tStorm keyboards are deplorable, to say the least, but I have found the most success using the SureType™ keyboard. Question: how is the soft keyboard on the Incredible®? Would it at least be better than the iPhone keyboard?
4. Battery Life - the original ****** sh¡tStorm got me through a day without issue. I check email and messages when I get them and make a few calls per day. The ****** sh¡tStorm 2 makes it about 6 hours before needing a charge. For the above described usage, what kind of battery life can one expect?
4b. Do Android phones have extended batteries with greater capacities like BB offers?
5. Armor - can this phone be covered in Phantom Skinz or Ghost Armor?
Finally, for those of you who have handled this phone, how is the PHONE CALL quality? I am going to assume that because it is on Big Red that it won't drop calls every other second like my iPhone did on their network...
Thanks so much for the responses in advance and although I will miss the CB forums, I will not miss ****** and their complete contempt for their customers.