Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

The funny thing about the Storm, the lastest OS released actually made it 'good', to the point where my brother said he might not get the droid cause he liked his Storm now. Then his gf got it and he played with it, and now he says its 100% better than the Storm.

As you can probably decipher I am a CB regular; I am not a defector as much as I am a two-fisted technology *****. Tour in one hand, Droid in the other!

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Greetings and look forward to learning about my Droid and the Android OS...leaving a storm buy still using a Curve for work.

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWiz/ ParanoidAndroid

This is a fun new excurison for me... I am hard on my fones (software wise) and have already frozen my Droid several times and had to do a couple battery pulls... But its been a fun 36 hrs. There are so many possibilities and its great that there is so much stuff already out here for it.

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    ROM

I have a pretty good grasp of how the phone works so if you have any questions feel free to PM me and im working on getting Gtalk so Ill add infor as soon as I get it

Quote Originally Posted by hanano17 View Post
    The funny thing about the Storm, the lastest OS released actually made it 'good', to the point where my brother said he might not get the droid cause he liked his Storm now. Then his gf got it and he played with it, and now he says its 100% better than the Storm.
    Heh. I felt the same way. OS 5.0 made my Storm 1 VERY usable. I felt sort of bad giving it up but I'm a big google junkie and I wanted wifi. I'm pretty comfortable with the 5.0 OS upgrade though to pass it off to my wife if she wants it. She's going to be messing around with it the next few days to get a feel for it.
    Roy Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by CrackberryMike View Post
    As you can probably decipher I am a CB regular; I am not a defector as much as I am a two-fisted technology *****. Tour in one hand, Droid in the other!
    Same here. I have the same phones.

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts

hello, who wants to buy my brand new(refurb?) storm

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    ROM

I actually didnt like 5.0 I thought it was buggy and didnt really work all too well. It looked a lot better but that the only plus I could really find with it. Mine froze all the time and rebooted itself about once a day.

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    ROM

Im not gonna lie there are some things Im really missing from my Blackberry. I miss the music controls on the phone without having to open the player. I also music the pattern lock. The app was better than the real thing lol. It changed colors and had background options and could be as long or short as you wanted it. I do miss BBM but not that much. You cant save MMS's without an app! Thats just stupid! But otherwise I love my new phone lol

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nursescott View Post
    Seems like a lot of wives/girlfriends inherited blackberrys today..lol
    LOL, just convinced my wife to try mine out.... I wanted to get her a droid too, but she wanted to play with mine first.... "that's what she said" sorry had to do it!!!

Default Crackberry was GREAT.....Storm sucked.

I went through 5 replacements on the Storm and then this last one crapped out and froze every time I tried to type a text message so I moved on to the droid...hopefully this site will be as helpful as Crackberry was.

Veteran Curve user. Bought a Tour about a month ago because my New Every 2 had come up, but I ended up just hanging onto it so I could exchange it for the Droid yesteday. Great decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Fattie McDoogles View Post
    I actually didnt like 5.0 I thought it was buggy and didnt really work all too well. It looked a lot better but that the only plus I could really find with it. Mine froze all the time and rebooted itself about once a day.
    I never had those issues, nor did my brother. I have a friend who has a storm too, and loves 5.0. He won't be getting a droid cause he 'loves' his Storm now. Even though I was pleased with 5.0, it only took the review of the browser for me to be sold on the droid. So I will anxiously await for the 25th, when I can upgrade. I'd give my Storm to my girlfriend, but she's more of a simple phone person and she'd just complain about it. She likes flip phones.

I never had those issues, nor did my brother. I have a friend who has a storm too, and loves 5.0. He won't be getting a droid cause he 'loves' his Storm now. Even though I was pleased with 5.0, it only took the review of the browser for me to be sold on the droid. So I will anxiously await for the 25th, when I can upgrade. I'd give my Storm to my girlfriend, but she's more of a simple phone person and she'd just complain about it. She likes flip phones.
    same with my sister, she really likes her storm after i put 5.0 on it for her, but yesterday we went out to dinner and i took out my droid to look at something online, she got really jealous of the web browser. if she had the money she would switch, but poor college student she is, she can't.

the storm is a lot nicer and useable on 5.0, but when all is said and done, it's still using an antiquated OS.

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    ROM

Im jus so glad to have a REAL phone lol

Can't wait to get my Droid!
    DROID!!!

Just jumped from a BB Curve, and so far am loving it. Hope that this site is as supportive as crackberry was.

Picked up the droid tonight and this phone is absolutely amazing. I came from the curve which I really liked but there is just no comparison.

Hey everyone. Had the storm. Was pumped when it was released. Thought it was cool. Got old fast. Still like BB. Not until I got the driod did I actually feel I found a phone I'd keep for a very long time. I got it Friday morning but I haven't had the time to actually play around with it till tonight, hence the 5am posting hahaha. But yeah, I love crackberry but I hope this place is at least equal. I'm excited to learn more about my amazing phone.

Hi all, I to am a long standing crackberry addict. I loved all the customizing features and abilities on my BB's. Well it's day two on the Droid and I find it more customizable and you can really tweak the phone. I loved all the folks a crackberry for their enthusiasm and knowledge and hope that androidcentral has the same. I must say that the short time I have been wandering this forum I do feel like it's home (kinda like an aunts house). Welcome to all the ex crackberry addicts!

Well I guess I'll through my name in there as well. I used a BB for a long time and so far I really like this phone. I just need to get a few things working that were on the BB and I will be good to go.
    Thanked by:

I too am from Crackberry now found this as my new home. Hope to see some old friends on here. Kevin did a fantastic job and maybe he will open a DroidBerry.
    Last edited by davidlw; 11-08-2009 at 09:52 PM.

I wonder what Kevin Mikauhlak thinks of all the people leaving CB?

i think i will look back into crackberrys when they implement their new browswer tech. whether its on LTE or not doesnt matter, but the storm and tour are just not enough right now.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast