Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

and we should post tips and tricks on customizing the droid, i feel i am not taking full advantage of the customizability of the OS. and hopefully some apps migrate from BB (ie Yelp, and Barnes and Nobles apps).

PS good to see you all here, feels homey.
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

Been testing the Droid for a couple of months and as I dont post that much on CB anymore I figured I would jump ship.. Still keep the Storm2 for work but I have gotten use to the device... After about a week you can really fly on the on screen keyboard. Just have to trust the device and get "betterkeyboard" best 2 bucks I even spent.. makes a world of difference in gestures and other perks.. and with android if you dont like something about the device... its open source so someone will fix it..
    Sent from my unreleased thingamagig using Tapatalk

follow me at www.twitter.com/black_man_x

I thought I was going to try this phone out, but ultimately go back to the Tour. After almost 24 hours, I don't think there's much chance of that. The tour feels like a several year old device compared to the Droid.

I'm stuck visiting crackberry.com until my Droid comes in on Tuesday.

Figure it would be appropriate that I make my first post here, Was on the fence about selling my Storm 2 (had to cause I ripped the upc off the box and couldn't return it) and getting the Droid. Waiting in line on launch day with my Bro, and played with the Droid for a bit......and decided to grab one. I LOVE IT so far, I know I have a lot to learn, but if the Android community is as awsome as the Crackberry Nation was, I am in!

It's nice to have upgraded from a Storm 1 to a DROID. The browser, high res screen, and multitasking have all been awesome. I've actually become more impressed the more I play with it. It's not perfect, but it's without a doubt the best phone I've had to date.

Now the question becomes what to do with my Storm. I tried giving it to an Amish man, but he didn't want to downgrade.

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by nursescott View Post
    Seems like a lot of wives/girlfriends inherited blackberrys today..lol

Isn't that straight truth. lol.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

i really miss my blackberry, but the screen and browser on this is amazing. its so hard to live without bbm!

this site is great I still like crackberry though. Theres ALOT more members (for now). Now that android 2.0 is out, I think this site will grow quickly
    DROID!!!

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlash98 View Post
    this site is great I still like crackberry though. Theres ALOT more members (for now). Now that android 2.0 is out, I think this site will grow quickly
    Well let me give u an idea lol, before the droid launched there was about 8-11 people per hour visiting this fourm , now there is from 95 - 115 people per hour viewing , and as the word gets out it will grow
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalDroid View Post
    Isn't that straight truth. lol.
    That was the plan but it didn't work out that way. My wife has a curve and I told her she could have my tour and she was really happy until she seen my droid. Now I have to go buy her the droid and the worst part is that I used her line for my upgrade now its going cost me full retail. I do have to say this phone is worth it.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sooks View Post
    Well let me give u an idea lol, before the droid launched there was about 8-11 people per hour visiting this fourm , now there is from 95 - 115 people per hour viewing , and as the word gets out it will grow
    Yes, I am definitely much busier these days

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

I am guessing all the mods and admins got told it would probably explode with this phone?

Or was it like this when other Android phones launched. I think this forum will just continue to explode.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

3x 8130s, 6x 9530s, 2x 9630s.... and hopefully soon, only one Android.

Moto is too clunky... prayin Verizon releases another almighty Droid in Q1... as I too plan to jump ship.
    Last edited by skelzer; 11-08-2009 at 11:51 PM.

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

This site look's very similar to crackberry, which I belong to so HI.. Wonder if it's the same owner? Granted Vbulletin is generic but the weekly roundup etc??? I get my Droid today, while I loved my storm I hated being a beta tester and BBM/Email isnt worth the 5.0 issues ive been having.

Lol I am a proud defector. Had a storm since launch and now love my droid

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I may make the jump with my upcoming upgrade next month, so I'll be looking for former BB Storm users comparing the Storm to their new Droid (likes and dislikes)

You know who would love an android phone kevin from cb

Quote Originally Posted by Sooks View Post
    Agreed , but no reason to leave crackberry completly ! , i love crackberry and i hope this place can measure up as well.
    i agree! former crackberry addict. loved crackberry but i switched from a Tour to the Moto Droid and loving it so far. this is my first post!!! woohoo!!

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Hi my names dan and im ex crackberrier...lol i feel like im at an AA meeting but its online...i too had the storm since launch and just had enough with not fixing the bugs and mde the jump to the droid and absolutely love it!!!! the platform for this phone is endless and the apps compared to a BB app world is like comparing the browns to the colts(im a browns so browns to be mad at me) i would encourage any storm user to switch you will save yourself alot of frustration and aggravation trust me!!!!! looking forward to chatting with my fellow droid owners!

yep, while i do love and miss my Curve, this phone just completely rocks!

i did keep the curve for backup "just in case" instead of selling it though

oh, and oddly, i still do visit crackberry often, i'm waiting to see if the Tour2 will come out before my 30 days are up...i highly doubt i'd make the switch back to bb, but there are lots of things (like a REAL keyboard) that i do miss about my bb.

I am a proud Crackberry defector! Good bye Storm, hello Droid. Let's not make Android Central "exactly" like Crackberry, though. It got a little rough towards the end.

Current Storm 1 user, waiting for his contract to expire in 11 days so I can get a Droid. I too, will miss BBM though.
    Roy Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by trinity369 View Post
    I am a proud Crackberry defector! Good bye Storm, hello Droid. Let's not make Android Central "exactly" like Crackberry, though. It got a little rough towards the end.
    Word. I feel there is more mature people on this forum though.

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DA6 View Post
    Word. I feel there is more mature people on this forum though.
    I have to agree with you, I don't feel like if I ask a question, people aren't gonna throw rocks at me. LOL!
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast