Hello Crackberry defectors!!!

jbharman45

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I did 10 years on PocketPC or WinMo, and in disgust, allowed a colleague to convince me to try Blackberry. I spent a year with the Storm and am more than ready to move on. It was the worst email experience I have ever had with a Smartphone. My only fear in moving to the Droid (on the 25th when my year is up0 is the Exchange support. I spend 5 days a week, every week on the road and it has to work and work well. What is your experience with this? Anyone connecting to Corporate Exchange?

taeisme

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
When I lived in Japan in 08, I had an HTC WinMo.. i wanted to toss that POS right out the damn window. I am not a fan of WinMo... I had the Imagio for 11 hours and got the Droid...

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello good people! This is my first post and I just came aboard the android train from blackberry station. I will miss my bb bold, but not AT&T's horrible service in NW Indiana. I suffered long enough with their lousy service and when I heard about the Motorola Droid becoming available with Verizon than I made the jump. Until the Droid, there were no phones that I wanted in Verizon's inventory.

Kaus

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have to agree with you, I don't feel like if I ask a question, people aren't gonna throw rocks at me. LOL!

All perspective crackberry had what 1million users..Give it time, I'm curious if this website is operated by the same company as crackberry though.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Another CB defector here too. I got my Droid on Friday and It is a huge breath of fresh air compared to my Storm 1. I recognize some of you from CB and it looks like this is a place I can feel welcome. :)

Altruistic_BS

Oct 20, 2009
www.altruisticbs.com
I am a proud Crackberry defector! Good bye Storm, hello Droid. Let's not make Android Central "exactly" like Crackberry, though. It got a little rough towards the end.

agreed, though i think its because, for the most part, we crackberry defectors are new to Android in general...the OS is new, relative to the BB OS...and the handsets themselves, the DROID in particular, have a steep (though surmountable) learning curve. I can navigate my phone with ease after owning it for 48 hrs and i KNOW i've barely scratched the surface. all in all, no dumb questions at this stage. The OS, by its very nature, requires a type of "each one, teach one" mentality.

Though, in time, there will be the ubiquitous "jesus christ, use the search function before asking the same question" replies...a forum isn't a forum without them lol.

zeiroe

Nov 7, 2009
www.serpents-guild.com
Hello all. I too will be a defector when my upgrade becomes available. I had 2 friends that have upgraded their Omnia's to Droids. They got an additional $100 off the purchase including the $100 mail in. Bringing the total cost of the droid to $99. One did it online and the other did it at a Verizon store.

I asked them how they were able to get it so cheap, they said it was because they were current customers and renewing the 2 year contract gave $100 off the purchase of any phone.

I used to laugh at them because they were stuck with the Omnia ... Now they're getting their jokes in now because I have to wait another month before I can ditch this storm :p

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey android users. I switched from an iPhone to the storm2 and took it back to get the eris. I love all touchscreen phones so wasn't interested in the droid. I have to say I love it. I'm having so much fun with it. I used crackberry and pinstack. I was looking for one good forum to join on my eris and I found a few. I decided to make this site my new home. So much great info here. My Google talk friends list os growing.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey android users. I switched from an iPhone to the storm2 and took it back to get the eris. I love all touchscreen phones so wasn't interested in the droid. I have to say I love it. I'm having so much fun with it. I used crackberry and pinstack. I was looking for one good forum to join on my eris and I found a few. I decided to make this site my new home. So much great info here. My Google talk friends list os growing.

I felt the same way as you but I like larger keyboards and when you go into landscape mode you get a line or two for viewing. There might be some websites where you need to see a little more and the Droid gives you the real and virtual keypad...so at least you have a choice. I still have the Storm 2 but only for another day or two.

However, I have a question. I already have my company email through Go Daddy. I read something about PULL email. Do I have to go to the Go Daddy site to get my email? On my laptop it gets pushed to Outlook every 5 minutes. How would that compare to what you get on the Droid.

I don't want everything to go through the Data Farms of Google.

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Pull email is where the Droid kind of "reaches" into cyberspace and snatches the emails from your account at a given interval. It checks, let's say, every five minutes for the sake of argument. If there is new mail in your inbox it "pulls" the email to your phone.
Hope this helps. :D

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
From the looks of things... I do believe this site might turn into a "Crackberry-for-Droid-users", which is a great thing!! :)

I'm just happy that I've happened upon this site, and it has been very helpful, just like CB.

Happy to be here.;)

Jim W

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Pull email is where the Droid kind of "reaches" into cyberspace and snatches the emails from your account at a given interval. It checks, let's say, every five minutes for the sake of argument. If there is new mail in your inbox it "pulls" the email to your phone.
Hope this helps. :D

I like the fact you can actually set the interval with Android. BB seemed to be on a constant pull, it had to be affecting the overall performance of the phone.

sconrad308

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm a defector from the BB 8330 to the HTC Hero for 2 weeks and couldn't be happier. This website has helped me in so many ways and can't wait for it to keep growing.

anon(5320)

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I've been loving my Blackberry...I have a Curve 8330, was going to get the new 8530, but when the Android just keeps calling me, the 800 MHz processor in the Samsung Moment has got me hooked. Can't wait til 2.0 makes it's way over! I think I'm here to stay, though I too will keep up w/Crackberry, just not as frequently.

He123321

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Im jumping ship from a Tour, to a Moment very soon. The problem is that CrackBerry will always be in my blood lol.

I no longer have a use for it, but the Moment will hold me down for now.

lpio

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I was a crackberry regular. Went from the Pearl to the Storm... and now I'm a Droider. woot woot.

The only thing I miss is the BBM. Again, it's ONE thing compared the many fantastic multiple things on the Droid that I love...

lpio

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I heard there's a huge widespread Blackberry outage right now. So glad I have a Droid.

I swear those outages happened 3+ times while I had the Storm (from May-Dec 2009).
SO happy with my move...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463