From BB to EVO...Jumping ship?

alvarezjpr

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Checking the whole 13 pages of Evo forums I did not see anyone asking this question, so if I missed it sorry.

But how many out there are ditching BB for the Evo?

I saw a similar thread for the HTC Incredible and there seems to be a lot of BB defectors there. I'm guessing there will be even more defectors for the Evo.

I for one have been a faithful crackberry.com user :)confused:) since I got my 8330. As much as I love my phone and BB, the Evo was way too tempting! How about you?

bucko21

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I am jumping ship.. I will try out the EVO when it is released and if it is too big (My main concern right now) I will return it and go back to the BB and get a 9350..

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat. A faithful crackberry.com Curve 8320 owner that is ready for a change. The curve was great when it was new, but it, and the blackberry OS is showing its age. I call my blackberry the jitterbug of smartphones.

I tried a Nexus One but the 3G issues, which I understand are still going on and Google officially gave up on tring to fix, were too much for me. But I fell in love with android.

I cant wait for the EVO to get here. I preordered from BB on Wednesday.

djtarique

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The BB Tour just got outdated in a sea of touch phones with massive screens. BB got lazy and didn't update their software since they lead the market, they stopped trying. SO EVO here I come, I was just about to dump my contract and buy an Iphone3GS when I heared about this bad boy.

With the Evo 4g you shouldnt need a new phone for 3 years. this thing is future proof.

Josh K

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
BB Curve 8330 then Tour 9630 and now switching to EVO. Blackberry is a really great Phone and Messaging tool, and there are things I will miss, but boys need their toys.

alvarezjpr

May 8, 2010
Visit site
The BB Tour just got outdated in a sea of touch phones with massive screens. BB got lazy and didn't update their software since they lead the market, they stopped trying.

Also jumping ship. I currently have a bold 9700 although I love it, I feel its time for a change.

I feel the same way. With the Bold 9650 coming out soon, it just feels more of the same. Nothing exciting being manufacture by RIM (have you seen that clamshell phone being spotted in the wild, it is fugly!!!). I understand that BB is geared towards business people and it needs to be efficient (and it is!) for them, but RIM should consider a line for the mainstream consumer and make more cutting edge phones or they are going to loose a good # of customers. Like, I believe, is happening now with the Evo coming out.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm selling my Bold 9700 and switching. Great phone but the EVO is a million times better. Already pre ordered at Best Buy. I am definitely going to miss Blackberry Messenger. Does anyone know if Android, or the EVO has copy and paste. I use it all the time on my Blackberry.

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
I had the Pre the day it came out, then I got the BB Tour in January. I got it because I wanted a phone that I could use as a world phone (I travel out of the country at least once a year). It's a reliable/decent phone, but nothing compared to the "standard" smart phone now. The O.S is boring and ancient-feeling. I absolutely LOVE Android, however didn't necessarily "feel" the Moment or the Hero. Once I heard about the "Supersonic" a long time ago, I decide that I would get that. I pre ordered the EVO this past week and on June 4th, all of my BB messenger contacts will be given my cell phone number and told that they can no longer contact me via BB Messenger. Hahaha. Android, here I come and there is no looking back!

jdnmusic

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the Bold 9700... it just seems SO outdated to me now. After seeing the things this phone can do, it makes the BB look like a 10 year old phone. It's just time to let it go.

forumsid987

Banned
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I had a 8330, now an 9630 and i'm jumping ship. I can type 55+ wpm on my blackberry so I'm really scared about how much slower i'm going to be when typing long messages on this phone. I'm hoping swype + voice to text helps

GGotti

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had the 8330 since the day it was released. Great phone for my needs at the time. Since thenim a heavy web browser user, Youtube and have quite a few apps I use and my curve/RIM can not keep up with my needs anymore.

Simply put the Evo 4G seems like an amazing phone, so I will definitely be switching.

Mughato

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm on the Tour with VZW and have pre-ordered the EVO for a 30 day test drive.

Am not sold on Sprint yet, will be putting the EVO and Sprint thru its paces [3G networks only though] and if I'm not 110% satisified, will take it back. Its not all about the money to be saved. Its about being happy with the device, network and price over the length of the contract.

tifftam84

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I am leaving my BB also, I love it but its time for a change and RIM is not cutting it with their OS. HTC sense looks amazing and I cant wait to try it out. I was afraid i was going to miss having bbm but this new Cnected app just came out(or im just now aware of it) so I think that will help a lot. Cant wait till June 4!!!

Droidus Maximus

May 31, 2010
www.RedBaklava.com
Checking the whole 13 pages of Evo forums I did not see anyone asking this question, so if I missed it sorry.

But how many out there are ditching BB for the Evo?

I saw a similar thread for the HTC Incredible and there seems to be a lot of BB defectors there. I'm guessing there will be even more defectors for the Evo.

I for one have been a faithful crackberry.com user :)confused:) since I got my 8330. As much as I love my phone and BB, the Evo was way too tempting! How about you?

I'm going from my BBerry Tour World Edition to the EVO...really looking forward to it!