Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 76
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #26  
    pkcable's Avatar
    CrackBerrian

    Posts
    913 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,771 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0, iOS 5.1, BB10

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Rich C. (PKcable)

    Visitor from CrackBerry.com!
  2. #27  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    RE: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    It's new...
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    It's newer...
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Security I guess but that's all I can think of.
  5. #30  
    apalm8's Avatar

    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    You could just wait and see what BB10 has to offer before making such parody threads.
    Amen
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Almost everything about the Z10 is better than Android except for app and game availability. The multi-tasking is insanely cool on BlackBerry 10. Its really boring on Android though.
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Quote Originally Posted by outlooker View Post
    Almost everything about the Z10 is better than Android except for app and game availability. The multi-tasking is insanely cool on BlackBerry 10. Its really boring on Android though.
    Ummm excuse me? Battery life is an issue with the Z10 and apps are a huge deal to me so iOS android and maybe WP8 are the only options for me.
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    Ummm excuse me? Battery life is an issue with the Z10 and apps are a huge deal to me so iOS android and maybe WP8 are the only options for me.
    Hmm, I've never heard of the battery life issue on the Z10. And yes the app and game availability is a major con on BlackBerry 10, but like I said; besides that BlackBerry 10 OS is in every way just as good, or even better then iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Quote Originally Posted by outlooker View Post
    Hmm, I've never heard of the battery life issue on the Z10. And yes the app and game availability is a major con on BlackBerry 10, but like I said; besides that BlackBerry 10 OS is in every way just as good, or even better then iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
    Perhaps, but phonedog have stated lag here and there, something my iPhone 5 does not have and neither does my Nexus 4.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    I tried using my Z10 as my primary device but couldn't do it.

    It's too severely lacking in Apps for the moment & more importantly to me there's not enough LED support even for Apps like WhatsApp. I purchased an App named "Hubb++" & that thankfully helps but only supports a few Apps for the moment.

    So until more Devs support the OS & the OS supports LED better, I just simply can't rely on it as my primary device.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    Perhaps, but phonedog have stated lag here and there, something my iPhone 5 does not have and neither does my Nexus 4.
    LAG??!! Are you sure that's for the Z10? From what I've heard from Z10 owners and reviewers, they're praising the Z10 for its smooth usability without lag. The guys at phonedog must have tried multi tasking on it to an insane extent, making it lag. ANY phone would lag if you did that to it. BlackBerry 10 OS and iOS are the two most lag free operating systems out there for now.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Quote Originally Posted by outlooker View Post
    LAG??!! Are you sure that's for the Z10?
    ...
    There's definitely lag but from my uses it's only been when running sideloaded Android Apps likely because:
    1) running through an emulator
    2) emulator only supports 2.3.3 for now

    Using native BB Apps or those from their App Store I encountered no lag whatsoever which will hopefully also be fixed when they update the emulator to 4.x.
  13. #38  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    I tried using my Z10 as my primary device but couldn't do it.

    It's too severely lacking in Apps for the moment
    Well, BlackBerry 10 OS is less than three months old and it's still in its infancy stage. You can't expect an operating system to have a zillion apps when its that new. Android is going to turn four in some months, iOS is way older. BlackBerry 10 OS already has more than one hundred thousand apps which is an outstanding number for such a new device.
    Its unfair to treat BlackBerry 10 OS as inferior because its so new. Android hardly had any apps and LED customization and when it was new.
    Yes I agree that BlackBerry 10's notification LED isn't as customizable as it was in BlackBerry 7 OS but hopefully they'll update that. The user interface and OS of BlackBerry 10 is beautiful.
    Apps will come, its way to early to judge BlackBerry 10 OS on the basis of app availability.
    Seriously think about it, its barely three months old and it already has more than 1/7th the apps on the Play Store.
  14. #39  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    There's definitely lag but from my uses it's only been when running sideloaded Android Apps likely because:
    1) running through an emulator
    2) emulator only supports 2.3.3 for now

    Using native BB Apps or those from their App Store I encountered no lag whatsoever which will hopefully also be fixed when they update the emulator to 4.x.
    That's true, any OS is likely to lag or atleast not function as well if you run software on it that wasn't specifically designed for it. The emulator which simulates Android 2.3 is to be blamed because Gingerbread is already more than two years old now is not suitable for modern apps. If you run apps around two years old on the Z10 it probably won't lag.
    Anyway, BlackBerry is updating their Android run-time emulator to 4.1 Jelly Bean and then the issue will be resolved.
    BlackBerry 10 OS is extremely new and there are still numerous improvements which are being incorporated.
  15. #40  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Quote Originally Posted by outlooker View Post
    ...
    Seriously think about it, its barely three months old and it already has more than 1/7th the apps on the Play Store.
    Of the half dozen friends with a Z10 we average less than a dozen Apps & Games from App World...yes Play Store has a quality -VS- quantity problem but seems BB suffers from that more severely.

    I'm not judging it, I like the Z10. I just can't use it as my primary device until LED is supported better, there's more quality Apps & they update their Android emulator. Simple as that.
    Until then it's still a solid secondary device to my Nexus 4 replacing my iPhone 5.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    I also hope they update it so the Android side can see the BB Apps / Notifications & vice versa.
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Quote Originally Posted by outlooker View Post
    Well, BlackBerry 10 OS is less than three months old and it's still in its infancy stage. You can't expect an operating system to have a zillion apps when its that new. Android is going to turn four in some months, iOS is way older. BlackBerry 10 OS already has more than one hundred thousand apps which is an outstanding number for such a new device.
    Its unfair to treat BlackBerry 10 OS as inferior because its so new. Android hardly had any apps and LED customization and when it was new.
    Yes I agree that BlackBerry 10's notification LED isn't as customizable as it was in BlackBerry 7 OS but hopefully they'll update that. The user interface and OS of BlackBerry 10 is beautiful.
    Apps will come, its way to early to judge BlackBerry 10 OS on the basis of app availability.
    Seriously think about it, its barely three months old and it already has more than 1/7th the apps on the Play Store.
    Still, I can't use a system that doesn't have my favourite apps.
    I will be keeping an eye out on it though.
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    I'd still love to at least try the phone out. If I won one in a contest, I wouldn't be complaining.
  19. #44  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    I'd still love to at least try the phone out. If I won one in a contest, I wouldn't be complaining.
    Same. But I can't use a phone that doesnt have enough apps.
  20. #45  
    katesbb's Avatar

    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Quote Originally Posted by outlooker View Post
    The multi-tasking is insanely cool on BlackBerry 10. Its really boring on Android though.
    Can you think of a real world example of the z10's multitasking advantage? Where would I notice the advantage versus android?
  21. #46  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Quote Originally Posted by katesbb View Post
    Can you think of a real world example of the z10's multitasking advantage? Where would I notice the advantage versus android?
    The cards update themselves in the background (provided they're BlackBerry Apps) which is nice.

    Sent from my Z10 using Android Central Forums
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    Same. But I can't use a phone that doesnt have enough apps.
    I wouldn't care about the apps too much since I'd still have my Android as my main phone, but I wanna try out the new OS and the new features.
  23. #48  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    I wouldn't care about the apps too much since I'd still have my Android as my main phone, but I wanna try out the new OS and the new features.
    That would make more sense, btw did your dad get the lumina phone?
  24. #49  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    That would make more sense, btw did your dad get the lumina phone?
    Yeah, he did. I'll tell you about it when I get home.

    This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
  25. #50  

    Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    That would make more sense, btw did your dad get the lumina phone?
    So now that I'm on the computer, I can give you tell you about my brief experience with the OS from the Lumina 900.

    Overall, it's not too bad, the phone itself is pretty quick with booting up everything, some of the way things are done on the Windows OS takes a slight getting used to but honestly I knew how to do everything to set it up for my dad after my experience with Android and mobile's in general. Let me tell you though, setting up my dad's email was a pain in my anus (mostly cause he uses the email that comes with our cable provider so we had to call them for certain info), but I assume if he had Gmail it would have been quick and easy. App selection is crap though, I mean I found more apps for BB10 than I did for this phone and they don't even have the "newly released" excuse so I found that pathetic but people looking for different apps than me may fare better. The whole "tile" thing the homescreen uses is easy enough to use, pretty similar to the icon system used on Android.

    Basically, the OS is fine for your basic needs, it has little lag but I found it so bland looking and the menus were so boring to look through that I was relieved when I was finally finished setting everyone up and could abandon it with my dad. Plus if you want good app selection than I would seriously rather turn a BB10 before I would turn to a Windows phone.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions