Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Default Re: Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    So now that I'm on the computer, I can give you tell you about my brief experience with the OS from the Lumina 900.

Overall, it's not too bad, the phone itself is pretty quick with booting up everything, some of the way things are done on the Windows OS takes a slight getting used to but honestly I knew how to do everything to set it up for my dad after my experience with Android and mobile's in general. Let me tell you though, setting up my dad's email was a pain in my anus (mostly cause he uses the email that comes with our cable provider so we had to call them for certain info), but I assume if he had Gmail it would have been quick and easy. App selection is crap though, I mean I found more apps for BB10 than I did for this phone and they don't even have the "newly released" excuse so I found that pathetic but people looking for different apps than me may fare better. The whole "tile" thing the homescreen uses is easy enough to use, pretty similar to the icon system used on Android.

Basically, the OS is fine for your basic needs, it has little lag but I found it so bland looking and the menus were so boring to look through that I was relieved when I was finally finished setting everyone up and could abandon it with my dad. Plus if you want good app selection than I would seriously rather turn a BB10 before I would turn to a Windows phone.
    That does NOT sound good, my schools IT manager is a MS fanboy and he said it was awesome, Shouldn't have listened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    That does NOT sound good, my schools IT manager is a MS fanboy and he said it was awesome, Shouldn't have listened to him.
    Well that's just how I see it. You might end up agreeing with him if you try it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

The only thing bb has on android and ios is security encryption. After that unless they get a nice app store and continue improving their os and phone specs, they've got nothing on android, on ios that's debatable.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

I wouldn't care about the apps too much since I'd still have my Android as my main phone, but I wanna try out the new OS and the new features.
    Speaking as a former Android user...

I really like the z10. A lot. I was able to side load the apps I can't go without (Netflix, instagram, flip board, stumble upon to name a few). The battery life was bad the first few charge cycles but now I easily make it through the day. My test was if I could use it as my daily driver and not be tempted to pick up my iPhone or galaxy s 3. After 5 days without even a little temptation to turn on my gs3, I sold it. I kept my iPhone as a backup phone/ipod.

I started on smartphones with a BlackBerry. A pearl 8130. Then went 8330, 9530, palm pre, Palm Pixi Plus, Galaxy i9000m, HTC Desire z, back to the vibrant, iPhone 4, BlackBerry 9900, GS3, and now z10. I've always had a soft spot for BlackBerry. When I had the 9900 I only made it a day before my simcard was back in my iPhone. I'm not even remotely missing my gs3. As far as specs, the z10 was practically a lateral move from the gs3. The gs3 was laggier on touchwiz, and when rooted was okay but no faster than I'm finding the z10.

BlackBerry has made a solid, solid phone and the OS is outstanding (if a little webos like, but for me that's a good thing as I adored my Pre and still like firing up the Pixi) . When I was wiping the gs3 for sale,sale, I kept trying to gesture and get to the hub. Lol

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    My test was if I could use it as my daily driver
    Cool, for me it didn't cut it even with sideloading especially with the Notifications.
    Hopefully when more Apps come & BlackBerry updates / opens the OS I'll be able to try again. Until then I only use it for BBM.

Sent from my Z10 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    The only thing bb has on android and ios is security encryption. After that unless they get a nice app store and continue improving their os and phone specs, they've got nothing on android, on ios that's debatable.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    They have nothing on iOS either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    Cool, for me it didn't cut it even with sideloading especially with the Notifications.
    Hopefully when more Apps come & BlackBerry updates / opens the OS I'll be able to try again. Until then I only use it for BBM.

Sent from my Z10 using Android Central Forums
    I miss BBM so much actually.

I miss BBM so much actually.
    Why? as far as I know iMessage is just as good?

I had the blackberry pearl in 2008. I didn't like it much. The only thing I liked was the email and to a lesser extent the BBM. The Internet was so slow it wasn't worth using and apart from the push email I couldn't really see what was good about the phone. To be fair at the time I actually wanted to get the iPhone 3G, however my friend had the blackberry curve and talked me into getting the pearl. He told me it was a really good phone and would be just as good as the iPhone. I kept it for a year and then switched to the iPhone. I know some people swear by blackberry's. I have a friend who still uses them now. On his last upgrade he got the s3 after a lot of pressure from his friends. However he is still using his old blackberry and the s3 is sitting in the box!!

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Android Central forums

Having used both, no, its not.

There are far more options available with BBM with things as simple as file sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaichica1 View Post
    I had the blackberry pearl in 2008. I didn't like it much. The only thing I liked was the email and to a lesser extent the BBM. The Internet was so slow it wasn't worth using and apart from the push email I couldn't really see what was good about the phone. To be fair at the time I actually wanted to get the iPhone 3G, however my friend had the blackberry curve and talked me into getting the pearl. He told me it was a really good phone and would be just as good as the iPhone. I kept it for a year and then switched to the iPhone. I know some people swear by blackberry's. I have a friend who still uses them now. On his last upgrade he got the s3 after a lot of pressure from his friends. However he is still using his old blackberry and the s3 is sitting in the box!!

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Android Central forums
    You can't compare a pearl from 4 YEARS ago to a BlackBerry now. Trust me on that, since I have both. It's like comparing a note 2 to a HTC Dream.

Cause it was awesome. And Imo no, iMessage is not as good. BBM just had its own charm to it that I enjoyed.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    reeneebob likes this.

Cause it was awesome. And Imo no, iMessage is not as good. BBM just had its own charm to it that I enjoyed.

Why is it not as good?

Why is it not as good?
    Just personal preference. I liked how BBM was like an IM program, with contact lists, avatars, etc. And iMessage was just a different color text message. I'm picky like that. :P

Just personal preference. I liked how BBM was like an IM program, with contact lists, avatars, etc. And iMessage was just a different color text message. I'm picky like that. :P

iMessage is the same...except cleaner.

This thread is a joke. This is an android forum people. Go on crackberry .com and make retarded threads. BlackBerry sucks. Iphone sucks too.
    Go try to root them!

sent from my 1920 overclocked note 2 running jedi xp11 rom

Quote Originally Posted by markbencze View Post
    This thread is a joke. This is an android forum people. Go on crackberry .com and make retarded threads. BlackBerry sucks. Iphone sucks too.
    Go try to root them!

There is nothing wrong with some civil discussion and debate about the different platforms. Crackberry is our sister site and we support them to but we're not going to kick people out of here for that reason.

Paul627g
    Forums Moderator
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by 3:
    Ry and jerseykirby like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    There is nothing wrong with some civil discussion and debate about the different platforms. Crackberry is our sister site and we support them to but we're not going to kick people out of here for that reason.

Paul627g
    Forums Moderator
    I agree that a discussion is fine but the thread is titled why blackberry is better. ...and people are giving reasons why they think it's better. Wtf? Treason I say.
    Clearly noobs knowing nothing about root starting pointless threads. Ill ignore this thread moving forward before I start trolling and flaming hard. :banghead:

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Go try to root them!

I'll let you in on a secret. Not everyone cares about rooting.

In fact some prefer not to, and frankly don't give a rats *** about it.

Shocking, I know.

And before you declare me to be some ***** noob, I had a i9000m with Darkyrom on it, and a gs3 that had at various points Cyanogenmod, Tasks AOKP, Serenity, Cleanrom and MIUI. I have a dual booted touch pad with Cyanogenmod on it. I had a jail broken iPhone for a while and a prewared and patched Palm Pre. I know how to tweak phones. I'm not "Some know nothing noob". I just got sick and tired of keeping up on roms and dealing with the little bugs and issues that can go with it.

Frankly, I'm enjoying the z10 as a welcome change of pace. Stop being so myopic.

Ry, jerseykirby and r0v3rT3N like this.

I agree that a discussion is fine but the thread is titled why blackberry is better. ...and people are giving reasons why they think it's better. Wtf? Treason I say.
    Clearly noobs knowing nothing about root starting pointless threads. Ill ignore this thread moving forward before I start trolling and flaming hard. :banghead:

Seems like your trolling began when you made your first post. Cause you seem to think that just because you say BB sucks, that alone makes it true. Now that's something a noob would think. Also if you're gonna use "noob" (i mean seriously?) go back to playing Counter-Strike.

iMessage is the same...except cleaner.
    I'd have to disagree with that, I didn't find it cleaner, or faster or anything. Only thing it had over BBM was being able to use it with people with iTouchs and iPads cause I don't think you could use BBM with the Playbook.

Ry

Global Posts
    7,186 Global Posts

Treason?! LOL.

Android is soooooo perfect.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Treason?! LOL.

Android is soooooo perfect.
    Lolz
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123