Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thorsten Heins isn't currently registered at Android Central but wanted me to try to get some feedback that he can hopefully use to turn RIM around and allow it to become dominant in the mobile world again.

Anyone have any ideas....

1) The keyboard is extremely awesome for people that need a physical keyboard.
2) You'll look smarter to others when they see you have a Blackberry and people will assume you are uber intelligent...

Anyone got any other ideas either serious or in jest? :)

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
You have the hots for failed Canadian businesses.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You could just wait and see what BB10 has to offer before making such parody threads. ;)

rambo47

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
BlackBerry still has the best security in the business. And I've never used a device with a better keyboard. BlackBerry used to have more advantages but they were asleep at the wheel for too long and the competition caught up and passed them by. I'm a 10-year crackberry addict in recovery with an iPhone. I'm still not passionate about my iPhone like I was with all my BlackBerrys, but as a Mac user I decided to give the iPhone a try. My issues with BlackBerry were the relatively small screen and lack of access to subfolders on BIS.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a blackberry and I would agree with this except the fact that I think imessage incorporated into the sms is a bit better.

Well iMessage works a bit differently than BBM so I wouldn't really compare the two.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

59Martins59

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm rocking an 8520 and I like it. Would I change to android? Hell yeah. Would I rather have another phone? Yes. But hey,. I know that when I get a new phone I will miss this one.

BlackBerrys are good, and if I'm happy with BB5 than with BB7 I would be more than happy. And before you start judging other phones and companies, maybe, just maybe try those phones out. BB10 is going to be very good. If you don't believe me, just wait and see. Stop making fun of other devices without even trying them, and BB10 hasn't even come out and you are already making fun of it, but if someone says that BB10 is great, your opinion instantly changes? "Close your eyes, cover your ears, LISTEN" - got it?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm rocking an 8520 and I like it. Would I change to android? Hell yeah. Would I rather have another phone? Yes. But hey,. I know that when I get a new phone I will miss this one.

BlackBerrys are good, and if I'm happy with BB5 than with BB7 I would be more than happy. And before you start judging other phones and companies, maybe, just maybe try those phones out. BB10 is going to be very good. If you don't believe me, just wait and see. Stop making fun of other devices without even trying them, and BB10 hasn't even come out and you are already making fun of it, but if someone says that BB10 is great, your opinion instantly changes? "Close your eyes, cover your ears, LISTEN" - got it?

I've had BlackBerry's so I know what I'm talking about. Plus people will always make fun of stuff they aren't a fan of even before it comes out, that's the downside of the internet. (One of many actually)

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Techmajesty1

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry was the first to make smartphones,Blackberry 10 os is all touchy feely,Blackberry builds a phone, not a browser/mp3/space rocket app controller launching station; that also makes calls sometimes,so to sum up blackberry is obviously better than IOS or Anroid.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I tell you what if you could install a Linux distro on a blackberry I'd even consider the question however considering if I had the bb source code I could edit/modify and yes even compile it on my ANDROID PHONE

Yes BB makes a good PHONE but it based entirely on java and that is a good thing but what's so sad about that is RIM fell behind....

Hmmm RIM could catch up maybe if they made a developers phone and targeted Java developers custom ide compiler spitting out
.jars left and right also .apks and .ipa's then and maybe then you could even start to compare BB to android

And as far as apple goes I might as well staple my nuts to the table and hold a s?ance asking the dead ghost of Steve jobs if could get a payment plan on my next software update.....no matter how badass the device is it doesn't count if I can't use it the way I want
Apple isn't open source friendly
they can go to hell:thumbdown:

Sent from my SPH-M820 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry was the first to make smartphones,Blackberry 10 os is all touchy feely,Blackberry builds a phone, not a browser/mp3/space rocket app controller launching station; that also makes calls sometimes,so to sum up blackberry is obviously better than IOS or Anroid.
It's better than Anroid but not Android. :p

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

First off IBM Simon Google it :rolleyes:. BlackBerry does build phones but that's just it phones. I will stick to my smartphone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

shkim698

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have used all three platforms - blackberry, iOS and Android and I agree with the first point about the keyboard and email integration and this is one of the reasons why people are still with blackberry. Hopefully we will see some major improvement with BB10. Also, I don't think we can really compare blackberry with iOS and Android and even more, can't really say blackberry has fell behind because they have been more or less pushed and tossed aside from the 'smartphone wars.' Blackberry were doing fine until Apple and Samsung started being greedy.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I have used all three platforms - blackberry, iOS and Android and I agree with the first point about the keyboard and email integration and this is one of the reasons why people are still with blackberry. Hopefully we will see some major improvement with BB10. Also, I don't think we can really compare blackberry with iOS and Android and even more, can't really say blackberry has fell behind because they have been more or less pushed and tossed aside from the 'smartphone wars.' Blackberry were doing fine until Apple and Samsung started being greedy.

Welcome to business firstly. That's like saying Mac would have been fine in its early days if it wasn't for microsoft.

I don't want my texts emails and all that in one app I like my separation.

Bb10 may be an improvement over its old stuff but I doubt it will regain its luster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I like the traditional classy look to a BB, were it almost seams as a luxury good... but with smart phones they lagged behind because its difficult to drag that onto a plain glass screen... now PRADA tried it on LG and it looks like... you all know what i am thinking.. If BB can find a way to do it classy like their keyboards they will be on a real winner.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Ericsson (before they were merged/bought with/by sony) made the first smartphone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
BB isn't a smartphone imo. Its a smart feature phone compared to iOS or Android

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member