How happy are former storm owners?

spotmark

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
For those of you looking to sell your Storm, just put it on Craigslist. I just sold mine, with quite a few scratches on it, for $175.00.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I need to sell my s1 too. I never used craiglist before I might try ebay. Wonders why my avatar isnt showing. LOL

jlye834

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
There truly is no comparison. I suffered with a Storm 1 from the time it came out. I kept defending it saying, oh when OS 5 is released it will be so much better and be the device it should have been when it was actually released. I updated to OS 5 and while it helped, it still was not the device it should have been (at least in my mind). Got the Droid and sent my Storm off to Gazelle.com the next day. I cannot believe how amazing this phone is. I feel like I won the lottery. I will never go back to a BB. It feels to me like RIM used Storm 1 users as beta testers! I only blame myself tho as I was the one who chose to go with the Storm. However the Storm 1 seriously illustrates why I only renew my contract for 1 year and not 2.

I feel you on this. I've been defending my Storm 1 for a year now and now I'm ready to jump ship. I love Blackberry for what it is but it seems like there will be a new love of my life ha ha. Now the problem is this....can I play Assassin's Creed 2 AND play with my new Droid at the same time?

R

Roy Aguilera

I feel you on this. I've been defending my Storm 1 for a year now and now I'm ready to jump ship. I love Blackberry for what it is but it seems like there will be a new love of my life ha ha. Now the problem is this....can I play Assassin's Creed 2 AND play with my new Droid at the same time?

Awesome game. picking my copy up today. I'm feeling an illness coming up for tomorrow *Cough* *Cough*

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I just went to the site and they offered me $35 for my storm.

Holy crap!!!
When I posted that link this morning, they were offering $135.00!
Now the bastages knocked off $100.00!?
What a load of dookie!!!!:mad:

Oh well.... Craig's List it is. Hope I get a good offer, without the low balling.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I just came over from a storm, and I can say that I can't be happier. Although I never had MAJOR issues with my Storm like some people did, the BlackBerry OS is getting very stale. 5.0 was a huge difference in terms of reliability and stability, but other than that, nothing all that spectacular. Storm1 owners who upgraded to 5.0 had no REAL huge reason to go out and get a Storm2. I got a special promotion through Verizon via email to early upgrade to the Droid after only having my Storm for about 8 months, and I jumped all over the opportunity.

baldy9000

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Got original Storm mid-Dec. 2008 and man am I glad to be done with it.

The Droid is just wayyyy better.
First and foremost is the browser - it works very, very well. There is no comparison to the default Storm browser.
Then you have a real nice sized display to view pages in. No longer do you have to slide pages right and left to read articles. Since I am kind of old it is easier on my eyes.
This is exactly what I wanted - good pocket internet. With keyboard out it resembles a shrunken netbook.
Now throw in the Car Home /turn by turn GPS.... wow !
Camera = sufficient
I forward work email to Gmail and it is working fine for me.
Call clarity and antenna seem slightly better than Storm - not a whole lot - but still an upgrade.

I gave my Storm to my kid so she can use it as media player. I put a couple movies/her shows on it and some music for while she's on the bus. She goofs off with the camera too.

If you are thinking about switching to Droid go right ahead.

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I used the storm from the start and felt it was a good device when properly set up. I was doing what most people had to do, decide between storm 2 and Droid. I went with Droid because with how my storm was set up it seemed to run about the same speed as storm twos i used. I switched and went cold Turkey on bb. This week one Guy i was working with needed help with his storm, i helped him out and really saw how bad the storm was. It was slow glitchy and not fun to use. So it is easy for me to say this phone is far better in my opinion.

McNooberson

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I'll give you the same response I put up on Crackberry.....

I first bought the Storm 2 hoping for much better than I got with Storm 1, and I absolutely did. It is definitely a hardware upgrade on a couple levels. Proximity sensor, memory, screen, and of course much faster which (about time) you could say the same now with Storm 1's upgrade.

Storm 2 is a great device. It gives you Wifi, that wonderful Blackberry Email, Blackberry Messenger. It has excellent graphics of course with the very simple, and sometimes unfortunately very old Blackberry Operating system format which delivers ultra slow internet and IMHO programs that could use a bit of an update. You really do get a great device with the Storm 2, it is definitely what the Storm should had been to begin with. The best thing on its release is you are not seeing NEARLY the same amount of problems with this device as you were the first.

I unfortunately found the Blackberry platform a bit old, I felt they threw the platform onto a nice touchscreen, updated a few apps to work with that touchscreen and landscape and released it without anything really astonishingly new. I got sick of the ridiculously slow internet and found Wifi on it to be just as slow. Please keep in mind, this is just my opinion, I am not bashing anything, just posting for comparison sake.

I exchanged the Storm 2 for a Droid, and after the learning curve, I am loving it. You will definitely have to take some time with the hard keyboard and get used to it. It is a bit cramped, but once you know where to press on the keys, you will find yourself up to par with it, which was one of the biggest reasons for my switch, I like being able to type on a touchscreen without losing 2/3 of the screen to look at. With the D-Pad, it makes editing what I wrote 1,000 times better than having to flick through 1/3 of the screen to find what I needed to touch the exact spot which rarely happened and fix it from there....it's a lot to go through to fix one typo. The screen is gorgeous, I like the ability to configure everything to my liking, I love the widgets, the phone itself sounds great, and of course the $10 I saved per month on Navigation was a nice bonus too. I also like having a nice large choice of applications to download, there is much to make the Droid experience better and better.

What does Storm 2 have that Droid dosen't? Easier to input Calendar events....I could push on the Time in Storm 2 and add the event on that 1 screen. Droid I have to push the time slot, and go into the screen not bad....but a couple extra steps.

More options in the Navigation, I could use simple or fastest route, choose highways or sideroads, Google Nav just takes you there.

The Camera.....nice Autofocus with no noise, great photos, and has has image stabilization, if Droid has it, it dosent show.....however, I do feel Droid's camera will improve on software update....judging by the video camera, it certainly isn't the hardware that causes the problems.

Hope that helps....good luck with your decision, and of course, please let us know what you decide.

Ultimately go to the store and try them both....
That is an incredibly accurate review my friend. hats off to you.
That being said, I still own both, one for work, other for myself. I prefer typing on the s2 more than droid, but then again I'm on day 6 with the droid.
I would honestly go storm2 if you need emails and don't have gmail.

bucky716

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
For those of you looking to sell your Storm, just put it on Craigslist. I just sold mine, with quite a few scratches on it, for $175.00.
Sold mine for $200 cash on Craigslist. Took a few days but someone replied.. was great only having to pay the tax on my Droid.

tealturboser

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I have a demo from Verizon and I live it so far. I got a flyer for early upgrade and I think I'm gonna make the change next week. I also had the Storm2 and I do not think that it is a good upgrade from Storm1. I think the Droid is money well spent. Phone if faster richer easier to use. Only has a few issues but those are easy to remedy.