Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts

Default Blackberry Playbook with Android (apps)

Bloomberg: BlackBerry PlayBook to run Android apps | BGR | Boy Genius Report

um............ can I get a HELL YEAH????

$500 for playbook wifi without a contract + android apps = SUCK ON THAT $800 Xoom!

Videos of the Playbook looks promising but so doesn't a lot of videos of BB Products. I do hope this is the future of BB, if not, they might sink. If this is, they might survive and might be top again.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    4,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

The Playbook really interests me. The fact that it is so versatile with different virtual machines is a nice touch. I'll be interested to see if it really lives up to the hype.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )

Heres another look at the playbook.

This video does look very promising and being able to play two games at once just shows the power it has. It might not of been long but it looked smooth running both games. Not practical but still impressive. I think I'm going to hold out on an Android tablet and wait for this. Not something I thought I would of said of even thought about but after some other videos, this looks good.

And on top of that, Android apps (if rumors are true), this is going to be one killer device.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    ROM
    unrooted

I'm a a hardcore android enthusiast but the Playbook has caught my interest the most...the design is flawless...hardware looks to run smooth...and the bezel gestures looks very promising ...and if it does end up running android apps...this IMO will be the tablet to beat...
    Life is about EVOlution
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,068 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Something is up that the PB will support Android Apps after a few lines of coding is completed yet Honeycomb Tablets will not be open source?
    What is up with that??
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

definitely getting me one of these.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

As a former BB user, I am most intrigued by the QNX OS. RIM needs to get something going quick. Not that I would ever switch back, but competition is good for business.