Blackberry Storm 1 vs Moto Droid -- need OPINIONS!
03-30-2010 04:08 AM
- Someone offered to pay me a lot of cash to trade their BB Storm 1 for my Droid-- and I'm considering it!
What are the major differences between the two?
One thing that is super important to me is the speed of a phone. I remember using a BB Tour and it was super speedy and responsive and fast. Is the Storm the same?
And does the whole SurePress thing have as many issues as I've heard? Or is it a myth?
Any input would be much appreciated!
Thanks!01-31-2010 02:55 PM
- Depends what you want in a phone. Fun, games and customization = Droid. Great e-mail, reliability and security = Storm.
The newest OS for the storm makes it pretty fast but not as fast as the droid.
I never used surepress the qwerty keyboards were very fun to use i liked better than my eris but the droid qwerty slide out keyboard is better.01-31-2010 05:59 PM
- I got a Blackberry Storm 1 on the day it released. It wasn't a bad phone initially, but it needed a lot of work to get to a point where the OS was stable and the phone was actually functional. Once it got to that point, the OS wasn't bad, but was still a little laggy and unresponsive at times.
The first generation Sure Press is absolutely miserable. The screen is sitting on one button which is right in the middle. The further you would get from that center point, the worse it would function. If for some reason you had to press something that was in the extreme corners, it's hit or miss if it would function. Plus, those corners would flex. In addition, since it's on that center point, the screen has a really annoying wiggle to it. There's enough of a gap between the edges of the screen and the phone that you can move the screen. Eventually, my Storm stopped working. I was sent multiple replacements, but each replacement was worse than the preceding phone, and it was all due to the screen and non-functioning edges. Eventually I swapped out to a Tour, but even the Tour was goofy. I ended up picking up a Droid on eBay just to get out of having to rely on an unreliable blackberry. Compared to the Storm 1, the Droid is light years ahead of the Blackberry. The screen is vastly superior, the operating system is a dream, the internet browser is incredible, and the marketplace is far superior.
If your priority is email and messaging, a Blackberry is a great phone. But skip the Storm 1. It's the worst of touch screens mixed with the worst of blackberry operating systems. Avoid it like the plague. Stick to your Droid. It'll save you on a lot of aggravation.02-01-2010 01:55 AM
- I wouldn't get the storm 1...unless the guy is offering you $400 cash or something with it... I had the storm 1 on release day and stuck with it for a long time. Really not great and you'll definitely notice it coming from the droid. If you really want the storm go for the storm 2- it won't blow your mind, but it's what the storm 1 should have been.02-04-2010 09:09 PM
- i had a storm 1 for a long time with no problems ever. its a decent phone if you don't wreck it like many people have. it is weaker than the droid in all areas except for the e-mail speed, but that is made up for in the quality of e-mail viewing on the droid. kepp your droid. it is better in every way just about.
But if he's paying you enough sell the Storm 1 and by a new droid on ebay, and maybe make a couple bucks. cause when you activate an android phone, all your old stuff preloads.02-04-2010 10:35 PM
KEEP THE DROID!
(Keep in mind, you did post this on a DROID forum )02-15-2010 06:54 PM
- i had the blackberry URL storm1. it was an awesome phone. i never had a problem with it being slow but the droid is just more user friendly IMO. the one thing i do miss is the bluetooth capabilities that the storm had. i could pair up with any device and send or receive just about anything. i like to send media files a lot and you cant do it on the droid(correct me if i am wrong). i know you can send pics but that's not good enough. i wish there were just a little more options on things. but over all I'm with the droid. been using for three days now.03-17-2010 06:28 AM
- I would say keep the droid. I have a storm now and support for it has seemed to fall off. And if you are like the majority of us in here that will get old really fast. Plus the bb app store is nowhere near as fun as androids. The only reason I still have my storm is cause I'm waiting for the Nexus one.03-25-2010 03:42 AM
- Funny, I just spent a good part of last night listening to my sister complain to Customer service about how crappy her Storm 1 is. She lost most of her contacts and the ones that remained doubled or tripled. Also, not enough internal memory to even try to buy apps.
All the while I sat playing poker over Wifi, checking my fantasy team, making and receiving texts and calls on my Droid. I think she was trying to get them to give her a Storm 2. But I told her to tell them to give her a Droid.03-26-2010 07:39 PM
- Android OS Discussion & Help
- Legacy Android & Other OS's
- Other OS's and Devices
Blackberry Storm 1 vs Moto Droid -- need OPINIONS!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD