1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default New guys thoughts on myTouch vs. BlackBerry

Hello to all. Just thought I would drop my two cents into the bucket. I love this phone. I do miss a couple of things on my BB though. First, the configurable side buttons. I liked having my camera on one and media set to another, so I didnt have to back out of anything to take a pic. I also miss the ability to change profiles by scrolling up to the top of the screen and clicking the profile button. I did find an antidote to this though. There are several toggles in the market to switch back and forth between silent. Google talk is ok, but unless im wrong, you cant send pics like you can with BB Messenger. Lastly, I miss the facebook app, and its integration with the Blackberry Contacts. None of these things are anywhere near dissatisfaction. This is by far the best phone I have ever used, and I am still getting used to it. Id like to know what other former BB users are thinking about it too.

I'll let you know when I get the Droid. But a lot of the things you miss from your Blackberry will be present in 2.0 whenever the myTouch gets the upgrade. And while you may be thinking "Well I shouldn't have to wait for an upgrade", you have to remember how young the Android OS is, and how long Blackberry has been around. I will say though, I do agree with you on the BBM note. That will probably be the only function that I miss.