BlackBerry Getting Binged!

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm following the live blog over on CrackBerry and it was just announced that Bing will be the official search engine on BlackBerry. Is Microsoft buying RIM?

I hate Bing, always used Google on my BlackBerry. So glad I'm with Android, and a non Bing phone, now!

BlackBerry to integrate Bing services at the OS Level
By Myriam Joire posted May 3rd 2011 9:51AM
Steve Ballmer made an appearance today at BlackBerry World 2011 and after briefly pimping Windows Phone live on stage, announced a partnership between Microsoft and RIM to integrate Bing into BlackBerry products. In addition to making Bing the default search and map provider for all BlackBerry devices going forward, the services will be added at the OS level instead of being bundled as a series of apps. This will provide features ranging from voice and location-aware search to panorama stitching. It also suggests that we'll likely see another iteration of the BlackBerry OS beyond version 7 --based on QNX, perhaps? --sometime before the holidays.

Last edited:

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna say it now. Microsoft buying RIM is the worst that could possibly happen. It'd sure as heck get me to throw my stupid underpowered devices and accessories into a furnace, and grab a HTC Android... Hopefully a 3D phone if they ever come to the UK.

Reactions: Chrisy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835