Malware Issue on an app called Wireless update 3.1.0.0

Peter Vessenes

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I just got a Blue Studio 5.0 C HD for use when I travel overseas. No SIM card in it yet, just have been setting it up. My stupidity, I got a notification of "Wireless update" and installed the app. A bit later I installed Malwarebytes Anit-Malware which found Android/Trojan.Dropper.Agent.w located in /system/app/FWUpgrade/apk. It was unable to delete the app.

I then called Blu tech support. They told me I had to do a factory reset. I did this, and began the process of setting up the phone again. The first app I installed was Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It found the same malware, and it still could not delete it.

I then downloaded TrustGo, VIRUSfighter, and B Antivirus and ran them all. They said the phone was clean, but after running Malwarebytes again, the Trojan Dropper was still there. Anyone have any idea of how to get to the file to delete it? Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Would hate to have to destroy the new device and buy another one...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Reflashing the entire ROM should do it. I have no idea on how to do that with a Blu, but they should be able to tell you.

Peter Vessenes

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Well, apparently there is no cure for this nasty item at Blu. They asked me to return the phone and gave me a number of a firm that would handle the exchange. When I called the distributor, they "could find no record of the IMEI number(s). Please call Micro Center." Called Micro Center, who gave me their record of IMEI number. Back to the distributor. "I'm sorry we have no record of the IMEI in our files.", this despite Blu identifying the device. In exasperation I called back Micro Center; they are taking it back as a return... Way too many hours on this over the past five days...

Ulysea

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Had a bad feeling about this, good thing I didn't install it! How can I block it from popping up again and again? Thanks

f22

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue, on a blu phone as well. I don't know what the app is and where it's coming from (I did not install it despite or maybe because of it's annoying notifications) and I don't know how to delete it either. But at least I figured out how to stop the notifications:

you go in settings to sound and notifications -> notification -> app notification
there you choose 'show system' in the upper right corner
where you find wireless update all the way at the bottom
you click on it and chose 'block all' to block notifications

this should solve the problem of the annoying notifications, but it still leaves me with the question how it got there (into the system) since I never installed it, and wheter it can do harm or not if I never actually downloaded/installed the app.

BOMBS1

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
yea i have the same problem with my doogee x6 also its pre installed on my phone no premmission after i wipe data open settings and its still here. PLS HELP:(

jaxmort

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
I just purchased a similar phone.

No Root Central on the Android market seems to be able to allow and prevent access to whichever apps access the internet.

I would highly recommend installing ORBOT and ORFOX which encrypt on a multi-level basis. Nothing is completely secure, but based on what I have learned, at this time they are likely the best in an age where everything and anything can and will be sold.

For search engines, install duckduckgo and if you need the google-level of results use prefix "!google" before your duckduckgo address.

Hope that helps.:p

JayG13

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Re: BLU / GOOGLE - ANDROID WIRELESS UPDATE

As you can see by my screenshot BLU / Google - Android are now forcing application installs and uninstalls via their wireless updates. This unethical business practice is out of control and needs to be STOPPED via some type of government regulations. I'm tired of Google deciding what applications they want or don't want on my electronic devices and sneaking them in via forced updates!!!!

Screenshot_2016-12-08-10-26-49.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21